Will I like Ponant??

Korimako

34 minutes ago, AussieBoyTX said:

We took a Smithsonian cruise in Augus and summarized our thoughts here:: 

The Smithsonian cruises do have a premium price and I expect you'll still pay a bit less on your cruise, even if you take all of the paid excursions. Otherwise, aside from all Americans on board, all announcements in English-only and an extra crew member on board serving as a "fixer", the experiences are similar.

Thanks -  I'll definitely be reading your review.   After living in Europe for 3 years not particularly concerned whether French or English announcements are made.  My French is minimal but Iain is fluent in French and Scotch.   LOL. 

I am probably most excited about Mackinac Island -  the movie Somewhere in Time is very meaningful to me and have wanted to visit the Grand Hotel for decades.

We specifically chose the non-Smithsonian to really find out if we want to join our friends from Sydney on a Longer Ponant Cruise.  They have been sailing them extensively and just returned from an Antarctica cruise that they have been raving about.   

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/2/2023 at 4:58 AM, Babcia7 said:

Thanks for your review!  We will be on Tauck's Venice and the Dalmatian Coast trip aboard Ponant's ship Le Jacques Cartier in August.  It will be our first trip with both Tauck and Ponant, so it was good to read such a positive experience.

Dalmatian Coast sounds awesome!

• Like 1