spring break '24 all booked up?!?

19 months from now will be a common spring break week in 2024.  I've been looking for cabins on a specific ship, but there are almost no choices left... maybe 1 or 3 cabins remaining on each deck for most of the cabin categories, even the worst categories.  And the ones left are next to service elevators or on noisy decks.

Is that typical for Royal ships for spring break 19 months away?  Or is the RCL website deceiving me when it says "Only 1 left on this deck" for almost every deck?  (I checked Interior, OV and Balcony).  I have NEVER before tried to book a cruise so far out, so I'm puzzled by what I'm seeing.  With Royal being so family-oriented, do the spring break cabins get reserved a couple years in advance?

Honestly, if it's true that only the cra_piest rooms are left for a cruise 19 months into the future, I might as well just skip it.  Would appreciate comments about your experiences trying to book far-out for spring break on Royal.

Edited by styxfire

9 minutes ago, styxfire said:

19 months from now will be a common spring break week in 2024.  I've been looking for cabins on a specific ship, but there are almost no choices left... maybe 1 or 3 cabins remaining on each deck for most of the cabin categories, even the worst categories.  And the ones left are next to service elevators or on noisy decks.

Is that typical for Royal ships for spring break 19 months away?  Or is the RCL website deceiving me when it says "Only 1 left on this deck" for almost every deck?  (I checked Interior, OV and Balcony).  I have NEVER before tried to book a cruise so far out, so I'm puzzled by what I'm seeing.  With Royal being so family-oriented, do the spring break cabins get reserved a couple years in advance?

Honestly, if it's true that only the cra_piest rooms are left for a cruise 19 months into the future, I might as well just skip it.  Would appreciate comments about your experiences trying to book far-out for spring break on Royal.

I would advise consulting a travel agent who has better access than a consumer does on the consumer website.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This is 100% Royal holding back inventory.  Except maybe a ship's inaugural or something, none of their sailings sell that fast.  There are some room categories that book up really early (usually the 4br villa suite) but for the whole ship? No way.

We had a cruise booked well in advance of sailing date a couple of years ago. That cruise went from very few cabins in any category being sold to, within just a few days, only a very few cabins in any category being available. A few weeks after that I got an email stating that the ship had been taken over for a private group charter. It is possible that’s what is happening on the cruise you’re looking at.

Google the ship and sail date with the word “charter” added to it. Sometimes you can find out if it has been chartered. There are also some websites that I check to see if I can find it, but I can’t list them here.

• Like 1