Stateroom allocation on board only?

carlmm

Today I got an email about the start of the online check in for my upcoming cruise.

There is still no cabin number but the sentence: 

"Your stateroom will be allocated when you join us on board"

Has anybody else had this?

I have had guarantee bookings in the past but was always allocated a cabin before the cruise.

Any insights?

We had this message before boarding QV on 14 August at Southampton.
Checked the Cunard FAQs which read stateroom can be allocated right up to the time of embarkation.

We finally had our stateroom number 3 days before embarking.  It changed again 2 days before boarding .
Apparently luggage labels can be printed at the port otherwise where would the porters know where to deliver the luggage.

We are on QV next Sunday and still don't have a cabin allocated. It is a bit frustrating as we can't print our tickets or labels until it is allocated. Or even check that the bed will be a double not singles.

We haven't had that message in an email though.

The configuration of your bed is no problem as this can be arranged with your steward/ess  once onboard, it will take him/her all of about five minutes during the first evening turn down. 

Luggage labels (if having problems printing them) can be obtained from the shoreside porters adjacent to the baggage drop, just fill in name and stateroom number.  

E tickets are 'NO longer required', however, it's the boarding card that is the document you will present to the check-agent on arrival.

Failing that, just turn up at the cruise terminal and present your passport, and leave the check-in agent to do the rest. 

We have just received a notification if our cabin number from our travel agent. However, it has not been updated on my cunard, so we still can't get our labels printed. Hopefully, it will appear soon. We sail on Sunday, so that is 3 days to go. Have never had to wait this late before. But, at least it is before we travel down to Southampton. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Camgirl said:

We have just received a notification if our cabin number from our travel agent. However, it has not been updated on my cunard, so we still can't get our labels printed. Hopefully, it will appear soon. We sail on Sunday, so that is 3 days to go. Have never had to wait this late before. But, at least it is before we travel down to Southampton. 

Congratulations!

So there is hope 😉

• Like 1

On 9/1/2022 at 2:20 PM, Camgirl said:

We have just received a notification if our cabin number from our travel agent. However, it has not been updated on my cunard, so we still can't get our labels printed. 

Now, the same happend to me. I am just happy to have a number now. Thus the quoted sentence might be rather a default caveat than an information about the actual situation.

Camgirl, have you finally been able to print your luggage tags? Have a great cruise!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, carlmm said:

Now, the same happend to me. I am just happy to have a number now. Thus the quoted sentence might be rather a default caveat than an information about the actual situation.

Camgirl, have you finally been able to print your luggage tags? Have a great cruise!

Yes! We printed them yesterday evening. Have now arrived at the hotel in Southampton ready to board QV tomorrow.

Can't wait!

Hope you enjoy your cruise.

• Like 4