Trying to pay bar tab for Valiant 10th October!

HolsAddict

Hi, I've been trying to get in touch with VV for 2 weeks as I need to pay my $300 bar tab. There is a recurring error on both the Web page and app.  I've spent hours on the phone just waiting to get through, tried their vivi portal and tried emailing them but no response. 

Any ideas what to do?

Guessing you didn't book thru a travel agent, as they could do it for you....I tried the "call me back" feature once and never got a call back.  THe thing that works best for me is to call at 8am Eastern time, even if that means getting up at 5am when I'm in CA.

We're so excited for this cruise, but I've never had such a hassle giving a company money

• Partial payment?  Must call and wait for hours..
  • Bar tab and payment actually worked online!
  • Add the Splash of Romance package.. Must call in.. I called at 8:30 Eastern (5:30am for me)  waited an hour, selected call back.. nothing.. Call a few hours later..waited an hour before call back chosen..nothing..I'm even answering spam calls and getting back on active lists for this.. Now we've been on hold for 3 hours.  Why can't that be done with 3 clicks on a website?

At least the agents are very helpful and efficient once you get off hold.  No doubt a little investment in IT would go a long way in customer satisfaction

On 8/30/2022 at 5:36 PM, BTfan said:

We're so excited for this cruise, but I've never had such a hassle giving a company money

• Partial payment?  Must call and wait for hours..
  • Bar tab and payment actually worked online!
  • Add the Splash of Romance package.. Must call in.. I called at 8:30 Eastern (5:30am for me)  waited an hour, selected call back.. nothing.. Call a few hours later..waited an hour before call back chosen..nothing..I'm even answering spam calls and getting back on active lists for this.. Now we've been on hold for 3 hours.  Why can't that be done with 3 clicks on a website?

At least the agents are very helpful and efficient once you get off hold.  No doubt a little investment in IT would go a long way in customer satisfaction

I took my most recent cruise on Virgin 5/2022 but was able to make partial payments online before final payment was due. If that has changed, that is unfortunate.

On 8/30/2022 at 8:09 AM, HolsAddict said:

Hi, I've been trying to get in touch with VV for 2 weeks as I need to pay my $300 bar tab. There is a recurring error on both the Web page and app.  I've spent hours on the phone just waiting to get through, tried their vivi portal and tried emailing them but no response. 

Any ideas what to do?

Travel agents are the way to go for this very reason. They would have to be on hold for you and they have a separate line and separate agents to call. Travel agents are free to you so I would recommend you use one for all your future cruises. We had to rebook our Scarlet Lady cruise three times due to the pandemic and each time we just had to tell the agent what we wanted and they handled everything for us, usually within 24-30 hours.

It's like a Russian roulette whether I've gotten a customer service rep right away on the phone or have to do a call back because the wait times are so long (and then I didn't answer the call back due to not seeing the phone or recognizing the number, etc. and have to do it all over again). Do you think it's just the post-Covid, hard to get people who want to do this job? I am really surprised, even though they only have a small fleet, that they have such poor phone service and wait times (they are pleasant on the phone when you can finally get a human). And the website kinks should have been all worked out by now, especially during the Covid downtime. It's one of the only parts of Virgin that is such a pain point for me. And my TA complains they experience the same thing!

I had the same problem. I went into the app and it showed a balance due, and I was able to pay it on my phone. No matter what I did, I couldn't get it to work on my computer, but the app on my phone sent me to a web page on my phone that let me actually complete the payment. Good luck!