Solstice Breakfast Choices

ScottC4746

Variety for us makes our breakfasts a pleasurable treat! We never use the MDR now, we found the breakfast and lunchtime service very slow.

Luminae 

Room service

Elite breakfast 

Retreat Lounge

Aqua cafe

Cafe Al Baccio 

Buffet

Buffet take away  (bacon and French bread to turn into balcony sandwiches, cover plate with another plate).

Lunchtimes we again go for variety 

Luminae

Sushi on Five

Buffet (usually salad or sandwich to eat in or take away). However, at least once per cruise we will enjoy grazing the stations. Indian selection is yummy.

Have to have a burger at least once per cruise

Aqua cafe, great if you have had a heavy breakfast.

I am aware my list includes a few venues that are suite or Captains Club only but even taking them out there are lots of options. We tend to try to balance light breakfast then a more substantial lunch or big breakfast light lunch…

Re the buffet…I do understand the reluctance of some to use when it is busy but outside peak hours we find the food very good in terms of quality and choice and the seating very pleasant, especially if you sit by a window. Staff clean quickly, we have even had great drinks service there. 

Edited by chemmo

11 hours ago, Fly and Sail said:

I like corned beef hash they have at the buffet (not available in BLU) but then again, BLU has fresh juices and smoothies.

We dined in the Blu and we asked for corned beef hash and they brought it. Also I got my tomato juice daily but had to ask for it. 

9 hours ago, chemmo said:

Variety for us makes our breakfasts a pleasurable treat! We never use the MDR now, we found the breakfast and lunchtime service very slow.

Luminae 

Room service

Elite breakfast 

Retreat Lounge

Aqua cafe

Cafe Al Baccio 

Buffet

Buffet take away  (bacon and French bread to turn into balcony sandwiches, cover plate with another plate).

Lunchtimes we again go for variety 

Luminae

Sushi on Five

Buffet (usually salad or sandwich to eat in or take away). However, at least once per cruise we will enjoy grazing the stations. Indian selection is yummy.

Have to have a burger at least once per cruise

Aqua cafe, great if you have had a heavy breakfast.

I am aware my list includes a few venues that are suite or Captains Club only but even taking them out there are lots of options. We tend to try to balance light breakfast then a more substantial lunch or big breakfast light lunch…

Re the buffet…I do understand the reluctance of some to use when it is busy but outside peak hours we find the food very good in terms of quality and choice and the seating very pleasant, especially if you sit by a window. Staff clean quickly, we have even had great drinks service there. 

I found a  much better selection of cheeses and crackers on the Edge than on the S class ships

I take some for a mid afternoon  snack to enjoy with a glass of wine on my balcony. That's the only time I will ever go to the buffet.  

1 hour ago, drakes2 said:

I found a  much better selection of cheeses and crackers on the Edge than on the S class ships

I take some for a mid afternoon  snack to enjoy with a glass of wine on my balcony. That's the only time I will ever go to the buffet.  

Lovely to find what suits you!

A great idea on any ship to get a few snacks to enjoy on your balcony. We  spoke to first time Edge cruisers last year  whose only complaint was they “were never really hungry enough to enjoy dinner”…I think this is always a cruise risk. As I mentioned in previous post, we tend to go for light breakfast and reasonable lunch or decent breakfast snack lunch…

15 minutes ago, chemmo said:

Lovely to find what suits you!

A great idea on any ship to get a few snacks to enjoy on your balcony. We  spoke to first time Edge cruisers last year  whose only complaint was they “were never really hungry enough to enjoy dinner”…I think this is always a cruise risk. As I mentioned in previous post, we tend to go for light breakfast and reasonable lunch or decent breakfast snack lunch…

If I have an excursion on a port day I'll start off with a big breakfast as not always back on the ship in time for lunch. 

On 8/31/2022 at 12:39 AM, PinkSandGirl said:

Wow. 11am. That would be nice! 

It takes me about 1.5 hours to get ready so to make breakfast before 9am on a sea day, I need to be up by 7am.  Too early for me most days while at sea.  😉

I am more of a lunch person.   Even if I eat a full breakfast,  I still need lunch.  However, if a sit down breakfast was available later, I would be more likely to go at times.

🍹

1.5 hours to get ready?  Wow..roll out of bed, wet hair down, try to comb it, brush teeth, put on something..5 minutes..BOOM headed for a Bloody Mary. That said, I like room service..and think 9 is too early to shut down breakfast in Blu. 

Edited by PTC DAWG

17 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

1.5 hours to get ready?  Wow..roll out of bed, wet hair down, try to comb it, brush teeth, put on something..5 minutes..BOOM headed for a Bloody Mary. That said, I like room service..and think 9 is too early to shut down breakfast in Blu. 

Haha. 5 minutes.  That's funny.  😉    Glad you are able to do that though. 😃

🍹