Best Cabin Set Up for Extended Family of 5?

B4May

Which lines/ships have the ability to sleep 5 people comfortably in a cabin?  Are there any ships with two bedroom cabins?

I'm thinking of the Family Oceanview (category 1K) on RCCL - what other lines have big rooms with separate sleeping areas like that?

Or are there ships with a balcony or oceanview adjacent to a studio single?

Trying to plan a cruise to Alaska for next year with my family (me, my husband and our two boys) and my single mother.  We've done side-by-side balconies in the past, but that's not ideal as one of my sons has to share a room with grandma. 

What would you do for a family of 5?  Thanks!

Okay, we have at least limited it to the lines that sail Alaska.  That’s pretty tough.  Celebrity Solstice class has some balcony cabins that sleep four and connect to another balcony.  Your mom would still be paying solo supplement…. There are also  family verandah cabins that sleep four and connect to an OV, but there are on,y four, and all the way forward.  I don’t think anyone has two bedroom cabins, and someone would still be sleeping on the couch.  None of the Carnival ships doing Alaska next year have cabins for five, and most connecting cabins are for 3/2.  Princess is probably out.  I haven’t sailed NCL or Royal.  I think your best path would be to go to www.cruisetimetables.com and find out who is sailing to Alaska next year.  Then go to the forum here for each of the lines and ask about family accommodations on their ships going to Alaska.  EM

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/30/2022 at 5:02 PM, Essiesmom said:

Okay, we have at least limited it to the lines that sail Alaska.  That’s pretty tough.  Celebrity Solstice class has some balcony cabins that sleep four and connect to another balcony.  Your mom would still be paying solo supplement…. There are also  family verandah cabins that sleep four and connect to an OV, but there are on,y four, and all the way forward.  I don’t think anyone has two bedroom cabins, and someone would still be sleeping on the couch.  None of the Carnival ships doing Alaska next year have cabins for five, and most connecting cabins are for 3/2.  Princess is probably out.  I haven’t sailed NCL or Royal.  I think your best path would be to go to www.cruisetimetables.com and find out who is sailing to Alaska next year.  Then go to the forum here for each of the lines and ask about family accommodations on their ships going to Alaska.  EM

Thanks, that is helpful!  I found another resource online that has a list of the lines with cabins that hold 5 people. Will share it here in case anyone else is interested - https://www.militarycruisedeals.com/are-there-any-cabins-that-hold-5-people/

• 2 weeks later...