Excursion reservation question

jklc123

Oops! I waited too long to choose excursions—46 days until we sail. One excursion we had particularly wanted is listed as sold out. Is our only plan of action to inquire when we’re onboard to see if there are any cancellations?

16 hours ago, jklc123 said:

Oops! I waited too long to choose excursions—46 days until we sail. One excursion we had particularly wanted is listed as sold out. Is our only plan of action to inquire when we’re onboard to see if there are any cancellations?

Keep checking back online to see if there is an opening. There is the ability to remove one’s excursion online before you leave even if already booked. Otherwise, you’ll have to see what is possible once you are onboard. There is a shore excursion presentation usually the first afternoon. Plan to attend.

• 2 weeks later...

I looked online yesterday and although the excursion we want was still showing all booked up, I emailed customer service and soon received a reply that two spots were open and they booked us in. Very happy so far with ACL!

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Interesting.  Ours became available for viewing on the same day they were bookable.  This was one day early:  61 days instead of 60.  I believe that the extra day of availability was because it was 60 days before the "free: hotel room provided by ACL before our June 30 Upper Mississippi cruise.

On 5/6/2023 at 4:53 PM, Xerxes10 said:

Possibly a computer glitch

Nope!  We had our travel agent check and the answer from their American Cruise Lines sales executive was that they were all sold out.

Yesterday was 60 days before my Alaskan Explorer cruise beginning July 12 (not including the complimentary pre-cruise hotel night in Juneau).  I had just arrived in Warsaw, Poland to begin a group tour (not a cruise) and after I retrieved my luggage at baggage claim, I wanted nothing better than to get to my hotel after the long flight from NY.  However, I had an even higher priority.  Yesterday was the first day that shore excursions for my Alaska cruise became available for booking and not wanting to take any chance that they would sell out immediately based on fudgbug’s experience, I found myself a seat in the baggage claim area of the Warsaw airport and sat down and booked them.  That took an hour because I wanted to be sure I picked the right excursions and that the dates and times didn’t conflict with one another.  No problem!  Done!  Feeling of relief!    Only then did I stand in the long line to get a taxi to my hotel.

Edited by Globalfish
  • Like 1