What All can the Celebrity app do for us onboard?

Moonarino

Asking because we often don't know the really good stuff till we get onboard and connected. One specific question, haven't seen anything mentioned on this:

When waiting for seating in the MDR, is the app configured to notify us when our table is ready?  I ask this because (surprise!) in May I discovered that Carnival's Hub app has this feature and it actually worked!

The rest of my title question is a free-for-all -- especially any not-so-obvious (or doesn't-work-so-great) feature that might be worth mentioning.

Edit to add another question: If the phone sleeps while we're waiting for some notification, will the app wake the phone and notify?

Edited by Moonarino
content added

I read that the messaging feature now has a notification. 

We use it to check menus for the day and to see the activities and location. I’m great at reading the daily with my coffee in the morning finding something I want to do and then by lunch forgetting where it is being held. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, WestLakeGirl said:

As far as I remember the app has no features which notify you at any time.

In that case I won't have to worry about whether the app wakes my sleeping phone to notify 🙃

28 minutes ago, jelayne said:

I read that the messaging feature now has a notification. 

. . . in the morning finding something I want to do and then by lunch forgetting where it is being held. 

I do plan to try the messaging. It seems like a logical place for notifications, although CCL had it embedded in the dining section of the app -- if I remember correctly.

On that note, I thoroughly understand the end of your comment.

16 minutes ago, XuGator said:

Checking shipboard account and the daily itinerary is the best feature of the app

One thing missing on my last cruise was the daily "big screen" (outdoor) movie schedule. I have no idea where they posted that info from one day to the next, if anywhere. This was because no more daily flyer thingies and I had no idea where to look.

Thanks to all for taking the time and trouble.

I'm still wondering why the app has almost doubled in size since June of last year, 145mb to 274mb. Maybe it's all the room and light controls.