A few questions related to using the Medallion App for excursions and specialty dinning

Carnevale

For our cruise in October we will be using the Medallion App for the first time and have several questions about how it works:

RE EXCURSIONS:

Is there a place in the App where we can see the excursions we have booked (booked online)?  We've looked and see them online but not in the App.  If they are in the App, where are they?  If they aren't, do they leave tickets for the excursions in our stateroom so we have something to show when we board an excursion bus?

- Is there a place in the App where we can see and book other excursions?  

RE SPECIALTY DINING:  As a perk, we have one specialty dinner which gives rise to several questions:

- Do we get to pick between Sabatini's and the Crown Grill or is that already decided for us as part of the perk?  

- Same question re date and time - is that already decided for us or do we get to pick and make our reservation in advance though the app?

- If we get to pick, how do I make the booking on the App in a way that ensures the cost of the meal is assigned to the perk and not our account?

- The people we are travelling with have the same perk and we'd like to do the specialty dinner together.  How to we make a reservation via the App for all of us such that we get to share a table but the cost of the meal is billed to each party's perk (i.e., if one of us books for all, wouldn't the cost all go to that person's account?)?  

Sorry to have so many questions.  I'm not finding the App as user friendly as I had hoped so am grateful to have this CC community to turn to for help.  Thank you!

10 minutes ago, Carnevale said:

For our cruise in October we will be using the Medallion App for the first time and have several questions about how it works:

RE EXCURSIONS:

Is there a place in the App where we can see the excursions we have booked (booked online)?  We've looked and see them online but not in the App.  If they are in the App, where are they?  If they aren't, do they leave tickets for the excursions in our stateroom so we have something to show when we board an excursion bus?

RE SPECIALTY DINING:  As a perk, we have one specialty dinner which gives rise to several questions:

- Do we get to pick between Sabatini's and the Crown Grill or is that already decided for us as part of the perk?  

- Same question re date and time - is that already decided for us or do we get to pick and make our reservation in advance though the app?

- If we get to pick, how do I make the booking on the App in a way that ensures the cost of the meal is assigned to the perk and not our account?

- The people we are travelling with have the same perk and we'd like to do the specialty dinner together.  How to we make a reservation via the App for all of us such that we get to share a table but the cost of the meal is billed to each party's perk (i.e., if one of us books for all, wouldn't the cost all go to that person's account?)?  

Sorry to have so many questions.  I'm not finding the App as user friendly as I had hoped so am grateful to have this CC community to turn to for help.  Thank you!

Excursions:

1. No excursions on the App.  They are on the website under your cruise personalizer.

You can search them on the website and book them there.  You can also book once OB if you want.  If there is availability.

Yes, they will leave your tickets for any excursions you have booked. I just throw them in the safe, until a day before and take them out.

5 hours ago, Carnevale said:

RE EXCURSIONS:

You can select any of the SD restaurants on your ship.  I'd suggest the CG since the cost equals your credit and you leave $4/pp on the table if selecting Sabi's.  I'd do the freebee at CG and pay for Sabi's.  (My ancestors came to Canada from Scotland - 'nuff said... LOL).

You can select any available date & time.

If you book the table in DMW, it's going to take your credits and charge you an extra $58 for the friends.  Same thing happens in reverse if they do it.  Now , if you decide on two nights, it works out since one of you books one night and the other the second night.  If you each do your own booking, you will all use up your own credits, but you will each couple have an independent booking for two.

The only real answer is to wait and book on embarkation day for the night you want.  I do not know if the DMW support team (follow the phone tree options when calling in to Princess) are able to book you all in and override such that each person's credit is used.  You can ask them and let us know.  IIRC, I don't think they can.

Edited by Steelers36

14 minutes ago, san diego spartan said:

Very helpful responses.   I had same questions too.  We are also finding the App not as user friendly as we had hoped.

Really don't understand why we cannot book our excursions on the App. It would make a lot of sense to me if you could. 

IMO the App has selective functiionality - It works for some people for some things some ttime.  You need to have access to the web site and App at teh sam etime to do everything that's required. Whoever developed this gimmick medallion never conmsiderd the need for redundancy when one system fails.

When we get any tour tickets in our cabin, I use a magnetic clip and post the tickets onto the wall or any metallic surface. I'm still requesting a printed Paatters and will highlight things I want to do - easier than trying to scan through the info on the annyoing App. atters gets posted, too. I do the same thing with any important notices, reservations, Elite lounge schedule, etc. "Seeing" things [visual learner] works for me as this brain gets a bit foggy while enjoying a few more beverages than I normally enjoy when at home. 

Darcy

We have made a Specialty Dining reservation in the Medallion App for our upcoming November 2022 cruise.  Our credit card has been charged and the reservation shows up in the App correctly.  All looks good to go.

But now we've decided we would prefer to change the night of the SD reservation.  I can't find any way to modify the reservation and it seems I can only cancel it (and get a credit card credit?).  I'm assuming that is what I have to do and then add in a new reservation for the different night, incurring a new credit card charge.  The only issue I see is that apparently some folks are having trouble getting the credit card credit back.

Just curious if anyone knows a way to simply modify the reservation (without involving credit card credits/new charges).  We don't want to wait until we are on the ship to make the change.

On 8/30/2022 at 11:56 PM, Steelers36 said:

You can select any of the SD restaurants on your ship.  I'd suggest the CG since the cost equals your credit and you leave $4/pp on the table if selecting Sabi's.  I'd do the freebee at CG and pay for Sabi's.  (My ancestors came to Canada from Scotland - 'nuff said... LOL).

You can select any available date & time.

If you book the table in DMW, it's going to take your credits and charge you an extra $58 for the friends.  Same thing happens in reverse if they do it.  Now , if you decide on two nights, it works out since one of you books one night and the other the second night.  If you each do your own booking, you will all use up your own credits, but you will each couple have an independent booking for two.

The only real answer is to wait and book on embarkation day for the night you want.  I do not know if the DMW support team (follow the phone tree options when calling in to Princess) are able to book you all in and override such that each person's credit is used.  You can ask them and let us know.  IIRC, I don't think they can.

I'm missing something here....

Did the OP say they had 2 credits for SD dining?

We are just off the Emerald. Before leaving, we booked SD dining in the CG at a table for 4 for us and another couple using the app. We each had a free specialty dining included with our booking. Prior to booking, we just had them linked as companions and when we booked it, we included them. Netiher of us got charged. This should work as long as you see the banner in DMW on the app indicating you have a free specialty dining. You should also be able to see what it 'plans' to charge your credit card.

The only glitch we had was that we each got a note in our stateroom that indicated Princess had made a reservation for us at Sabatinis(!) at a day and time for our free dinner and included the dinner coupons. We stopped by Customer Service and they looked up our reservation at CG and it was still there. They told us we could just ignore the paper that came to our room. We went to the CG at the time we had reserved with the app and all worked as it should. No charge. 🙂

58 minutes ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

We are just off the Emerald. Before leaving, we booked SD dining in the CG at a table for 4 for us and another couple using the app. We each had a free specialty dining included with our booking. Prior to booking, we just had them linked as companions and when we booked it, we included them. Neither of us got charged. This should work as long as you see the banner in DMW on the app indicating you have a free specialty dining. You should also be able to see what it 'plans' to charge your credit card.

Interesting because I spoke with DMW support team about this some time ago.  I had also observed a situation where we had SD credits and our friends did not and DMW was going to scoop 4 credits to make the payment with $0 owing.  Those had to be all my credits.  Now, maybe it did that because I had sufficient credits.  I cannot recall all the test situations I did, but I have yet to complete a booking transaction.  I would like to get a couple made and have started to study which nights to target.