First Celebrity Cruise a few questions please

Salf777

So going on the Beyond in January and have never sailed Celebrity we are very excited. A few questions please

When will we be able to check in online?

We are in a sky suite but heard something about a move up offer? Do we sign in and ask or will we be notified that we can bid? What is the next room above a sky suite that will have a larger balcony?

we have 2 specialty restaurants booked didn’t do more as we heard the retreat restaurant is excellent on a 5 night sailing is that sufficient?

Any other advice appreciated please

We’ve sailed on Edge, Beyond’s sister ship.  We loved her…stunningly beautiful. You certainly can do checkin on either the website or the app.  Easier to use the app to upload passport information and photos.  Haven’t sailed in a suite so can’t help you there.

• Like 1

Check-in was always 90 days before but is currently 45 days right now for most sailings.  It will show the date in the app as it gets closer.   I would still keep that 90 day mark in mind though.  

If available, you will get an e-mail offer to Bid for an Upgrade.  There is also a spot within your reservation online with Celebrity.  I received an e-mail not long after final payment even though it shows online it's closer to the cruise. 

The next larger suite is a Celebrity Suite.  Exact balcony size, not sure. ?  You'll have to check online to see what the balcony size is compared to the Sky Suites.   There are different Sky Suites so you may want to check that as well. 

I usually do 2 specialty restaurants during a cruise, on a 9-night for example.  I think it all depends on what specialty you want to try, what you've already done, etc... I have always booked onboard and never had a problem.  For my upcoming Beyond sailing, I booked already.

I am in a Sky Suite as well.  Bed facing the water.

🍹

Edited by PinkSandGirl
  • Like 1

Online boarding opens around 45 days before sailing.

Move Up Offer goes out around 60 days before sailing. Be sure you are subscribed to Celebrity's marketing communications through your phone line profile or you will not receive the move up bid notification.

The next level suite up depends on your ship. Depending on how booked various categories are, your move up notification will include options to bid on one or more Of those categories.

For a 5 night sailing I wouldn't pre book more than 1 night in a speciality restaurant as you're missing out on the fine dining experience you are already paying for in Luminae. See if you enjoy a celebrity and then try more speciality restaurants on longer sailings in the future. 

On line check in opens at 45 days as others said you can checkin on line or on the app.  The next level Suite is a Celebrity Suite not sure if the balcony is larger but it has a separate bedroom but they are far forward.

If you have not already done so, download the Celebrity app and you can see the menus for Luminae and the specialty restaurant’s.  Unless you, like me, can’t eat fish or seafood Luminae is as equal to or better than most specialty restaurants.  

On the Beyond the specialty restaurants we are doing on a 12 N is Eden ( have done that previously and it is outstanding) and LeVoyage which is only on the Beyond so trying it for the 1st time.

Moveup can get very pricey, and generally Retreat is selling out so the overall chances of an opportunity to pay for a larger room may not materialize.  Price our the next largest sise room and look at availability online.  The Celebrity Suite has a rare wall and door between the sleeping and living area.  That may be worth something to you, but if you don't plan on needing separate space in your stateroom it may not be with the premium.

I didn’t get an email to bid but looked online. We’ve made a low bid for a RS from CS as I’m not convinced the Alcon space is worth it. I’m an early riser so that’s why I’ve gone with CS as has separate bedroom. Mind you, we usually sail PH so will be interesting to see the difference.