Repeat Visit-what to do?

I Luv Crusin

3 hours ago, I Luv Crusin said:

We have hung out at the beach near the port and did a full island tour-a couple times.  What should we do now?  For 2, mid-60's?

Thanks!

12 meter Yacht Race……… Not to be missed

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Did the yacht race (2 yachts participate) several years ago….fun!

Have the choice to participate as a crew member or to sit back and just go for the ride. Not sure if they normally go a bit out from the harbor, but our race didn’t go too far out as the captain felt the weather wasn’t perfect for inexperienced “sailors”. Convenient to the cruise port. Quite safe. Informative. I enjoyed many summer days sailing as a kid, so was very happy to be on a sailboat again!

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Dar & Bob said:

Has anyone gone to Marigot by taxi from the cruise port?  Any info appreciated

Lot's of options at the taxi stand. We were in St Maarten twice this year on two port stops in March and again in April.

22 hours ago, bessinfl said:

I've never gone by taxi, but about 10 years ago a friend and I took the public bus from near the pier to Marigot for about $2. It was fun and interesting. You see parts of the island you'd never see otherwise. 

Pre-COVID

Okay, let’s give facts about the $2 alleged public bus (private minivan- aka Jintys)

Off ferry, down pier, walk to main road (Front Street) turn left down Front Street, turn 1st right, walk down side street, at main T junction you’ll meet Back Street, search up and down Back Street for a Jinty with a sign in windscreen for the required destination, board, wait until full before departing.  

Journey will encompass off main roads, stopping to drop people off and pick-up.  

On arrival at destination agree where the best Jinty pickup point is for regular passing Jintys to return destination.

Returning one has to stand at the pickup point, view from distance/search the windscreens of approaching Jintys for the destination sign required, flag down the Jinty, which may not stop if full.  

Repeat until one stops, board.  Arrive at destination.

Note the time taken to arrive, from the time one left the ship, walked to ferry, queued, paid, queued, boarded, sailed etc.. Then allow an extra 30 minutes minimum for the return journey for flagging down and heavy port traffic.  

Fun and interesting?

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Time

• 4 weeks later...