May crossing SDI

dr.bill

Since working out the air travel in conjunction with the trips to PR and back from Malaga, Spain I've got some questions on the crossing voyage.

What's the weather like in the middle of the Atlantic? I have no idea. What kind of clothes should we pack for day/eve? Does it get cool at night?

We are so looking forward to this trip. It's my first cruise ever. Thanks to any of you crossing vets who can help out. :)

Since working out the air travel in conjunction with the trips to PR and back from Malaga, Spain I've got some questions on the crossing voyage.

What's the weather like in the middle of the Atlantic? I have no idea. What kind of clothes should we pack for day/eve? Does it get cool at night?

We are so looking forward to this trip. It's my first cruise ever. Thanks to any of you crossing vets who can help out. :)

Dr. Bill

Frequent traveler did a good review of the October crossing that gives you a lot of detail.

Here are the links to her two posts;

http://messages.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=246632

http://messages.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=252321

Have fun!

Hi zqvol,

Thanks for the FT links.

From what I gather from the posts, it seems like it was quite warm on the crossing. Does anybody know if that's indeed the normal case? What's the typical daytime temperature? Evening? Night? Is rain commonplace?

Thanks very much to anyone who can shed some light. :confused:

Dr. Bill:

as you noted on the fall 05 crossing we had excellent weather - folks who have done several crossings indicated that the weather was the best ever. Even traveling with just a carry on (thank heavens for space bags) I took way too much clothing designed for cool evenings - so I would suggest layers. I wasn't the only one to pack wrong, so my guess would be that it can get cooler.

Be prepared for 60 to 80 (Fahrenheit) during the days and with the humidity, the nights didn't seem to cool off much.

We had a total of an hour or so of rain during the day during our crossing. Frequent transatlantic cruisers were used to more bad weather and commented on the great days.

The NOAA site gives you some good predictions regarding weather.

good luck on the weather. If you are on SD II with the wonderful Captain Tysse and Christophe and crew, you will enjoy very much.

FT

Archived