Bringing wine and soda onboard?

nepacruisers

15 hours ago, jwinrich said:

Got off the Pearl August 19. We had the drink package, so I brought a bottle of wine to have in my cabin. This is my experience:

1) DH Luggage arrived quickly, but mind was very late. In my luggage was a note in place of the bottle of wine saying that I must pay a corkage fee before I can have the wine back. 

2) I went to guest services the next morning with the note and asked why I had to pay the corkage fee if I have the beverage package. He agreed that I did not and called the Beverage manager to retrieve my wine.

3) The beverage manager came to guest services and asked me to describe my wine. He told me that he would give it to my room steward and have it delivered to my cabin.

4) About 2 hours later, the wine was delivered to my cabin.

Now, I was happy with the final result. But it seems to me that they could have saved a lot of trouble if they had just checked to see if I had the beverage package. 

Why did you put it in your checked luggage?

1 hour ago, uneamie said:

Hmm...they will discover it when they scan your carry on bags during check in. They will either remove it or make you pay the cork fee. 

That is the idea. However if you have the beverage package then there is no corkage to pay.

It is better than putting it in your checked luggage and then having to waste time or having your baggage delayed later in the day.

7 hours ago, uneamie said:

Hmm...they will discover it when they scan your carry on bags during check in. They will either remove it or make you pay the cork fee. 

And I will quickly show them my eDocs showing I have the drink package and take it right back from them sans corkage fee.

No flights for us as we're local here in NY. Going to try both options... we're each putting 2 bottles in our carry-on, and will put another 1-2 bottles in our checked bag. We'll see what happens on Tuesday.

3 hours ago, julig22 said:

If you are bringing from home and flying in, especially day of, it will be in your checked luggage due to airline regulations. 

Exactly. A bottle is over 3 oz. Can't carry it on an airplane. And no time for shuffling stuff to other suitcases when we got there. 

• Like 1