Thermal spa on port intensive

DebA2

We are sailing on the Epic this coming November (Mediterranean).  Six of the 12 days, we are in port before 9pm, only 3 before 6 pm. I have the option to bid on a Spa cabin with access to thermal spa for $185 pp. I know this is SPC cheaper than a pass for the cruise duration, but would we use it? When do you use the thermal spa, and what are the hours? Do you like to go after dinner on a port day?

Well, we sailed the Epic in the Med a few years back and I got the Thermal Spa pass.  It was the best money I spent.  I loved that spa.   It was an oasis away from the crowds on deck.  I loved the thalassotherapy pool and there is a private sundeck in back.  It was a few years back but I definitely remembering going late afternoon early evening after a tiring port day.

• Like 1

The thermal spa is great on port days, they are open late, I believe it was 10pm on our last cruise (Jade 11/21).  It's great way to recover after a busy day out and about. I have never seen the suite super busy but there is the added benefit of even fewer people on port days.

The first time I bought the passes my partner thought it was a waste of money but I have a great photo of his face in the whirlpool after an excursion that involved a good amount of walking... sheer bliss. I would post it but he would not be pleased. I'll will say since that first experience, when we book a cruise, he immediately asks if have I purchased the thermal suite passes yet. 

• Like 2

If you like to spend your evenings with a three course meal and a show, then no, you probably wouldn't have much time use it.  If you're ok with grabbing a quick bite at O'Sheehan's or the buffet and spending an hour or two in the Thermal Suite, then yes, it will probably be of great value to you.  

When I did my Epic cruise in the Med, I loved sitting on the Thermal Suite balcony as we left ports.  The hydro pools and sauna were perfect for my sore legs after a day of walking.

• Like 2