Polynesian Dinner Show on Bora Bora

kclinton

Just did this 2x two weeks ago on the 18 day, Twice the Tahiti.It's always held the second night in BB. The tenders traveled to the motu twice in the late afternoon at 5pm and 5:15pm. Your time is assigned by cabin number, but it's not like someone is checking to see what cabin you're in and not allow you to switch times. You can spend time on the motu  during the day,, and I think that was till 3pm. Everyone said it was very pleasant as few partake of this opportunity, and the motu and water is idyllic. I'm a diehard snorkeler so was doing independent tours on those days.

But the motu is a beautiful little paradise- sunset was around 6pm for our cruise and it was gorgeous. The feast and show is amazing- you'll love it.

Barrycat might chime in a little more about tender times and activities during the day on the motu.

Edited by Petoonya

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/1/2022 at 4:21 PM, Petoonya said:

Just did this 2x two weeks ago on the 18 day, Twice the Tahiti.It's always held the second night in BB. The tenders traveled to the motu twice in the late afternoon at 5pm and 5:15pm. Your time is assigned by cabin number, but it's not like someone is checking to see what cabin you're in and not allow you to switch times. You can spend time on the motu  during the day,, and I think that was till 3pm. Everyone said it was very pleasant as few partake of this opportunity, and the motu and water is idyllic. I'm a diehard snorkeler so was doing independent tours on those days.

But the motu is a beautiful little paradise- sunset was around 6pm for our cruise and it was gorgeous. The feast and show is amazing- you'll love it.

Barrycat might chime in a little more about tender times and activities during the day on the motu.

Hide if you don’t want to be caught into stupid participation stuff. A good time to heed the call of nature and admire the sunset. 

4 hours ago, milepig said:

Hide if you don’t want to be caught into stupid participation stuff. A good time to heed the call of nature and admire the sunset. 

As my DH says, stay in the back of the crowd and above all DO NOT MAKE EYE CONTACT! But nothing really to worry about as all the honeymooners on our cruise seemed more than willing (and able) to participate. 

Just now, TakingFlight said:

As my DH says, stay in the back of the crowd and above all DO NOT MAKE EYE CONTACT! But nothing really to worry about as all the honeymooners on our cruise seemed more than willing (and able) to participate. 

And I forgot to add that Petoonya acquitted herself quite well with her Polynesia dancing!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My wife and I made advance Villa Mahana reservations on our last Tahitian WS cruise (we''ve dined there many times) until we realized once on board it was up against the Polynesian evening

So we um cancelled the dinner reservations     

No regrets, after-all the Polynesian event is a huge hi-light on any Tahitian cruise Itinerary, and not to be missed, we've sailed WS twice and PG once and we've always enjoyed the fire show, even though it was our 3rd go around, also there's something very sexy about having a decadent outdoor pubic BBQ on a private motto, feet in sand, not a care in the world, food was yummy too 

jc      

Edited by Wilcoam