ArriveCAN app

3Boogity

@CurlerRobBelow is our itinerary and even though I’m a Canadian I will need.

1-COVID test before entering the ship.

2-ArriveCan completed before boarding.

-3 ArriveCan again before taking my flight back home. 

A one point our Government should understand that this ArriveCan is obsolete and remove it when that’s the question. 

Thanks all 

let me know if I got all that right or not as I would not want to mis-lead anyone. 

Sea Ya 

Eric 

CD9596AC-10DF-4B5C-B96A-7D856E898676.jpeg

31 minutes ago, nimiq said:

1 and 3 for sure; those are two very separate requirements.  I'm not convinced about 2.

11 hours ago, nimiq said:

A one point our Government should understand that this ArriveCan is obsolete and remove it when that’s the question. 

Thanks all 

let me know if I got all that right or not as I would not want to mis-lead anyone. 

Sea Ya 

Eric 

I agree with @d9704011's post above - yes to 1 and 3, likely no on 2. See our discussion earlier (if you haven't) at post 22 and 25.

That said, I have a similar Canada - US itinerary coming up in November, and I'm going to do the pre-board ArriveCan just in case - can't hurt and will be useful practice for our return!

Enjoy your cruise - if it's still offered and of interest to you, the Lulu Lobster Boat excursion in Bar Harbor was a treat! 🍺🥌

• Like 1

Thank you in advance for all you wonderful people who are familiar with this and being so helpful!  We board this weekend in Boston.  Our first Canadian stop is in Halifax on the 12th.  We finish in Montreal on the 17th.  What port do I put in my ArrivCan?  I am assuming Halifax but I don't know the name of the terminal?

I don't need to do a second one to leave, correct?

Thank you soooo much!!

28 minutes ago, JacksGal said:

Thank you in advance for all you wonderful people who are familiar with this and being so helpful!  We board this weekend in Boston.  Our first Canadian stop is in Halifax on the 12th.  We finish in Montreal on the 17th.  What port do I put in my ArrivCan?  I am assuming Halifax but I don't know the name of the terminal?

I don't need to do a second one to leave, correct?

Thank you soooo much!!

Use Halifax Marine Terminal.  One ArriveCAN experience will do you for this trip, enjoy yourself.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/5/2022 at 10:05 AM, nimiq said:

We are also on a cruise that embarks in Quebec City and ends in the USA without returning to Canada.  Canada DOES NOT require an ArriveCAN (#2) before boarding your cruise because it does not return to Canada.  The problem is HAL requires all passengers that embark in or enter Canada to submit an ArriveCAN before boarding.  So how do you correctly fill out the extra ArriveCAN?

I called the ArriveCAN help line and spoke to a gentlemen named Josh who was both knowledgeable and helpful.  He confirmed that an ArriveCAN was not needed for my cruise, because the cruise did not return to Canada.  I told him our cruise line is still requiring us to submit an ArriveCAN before we can board - so what should I do?  He said he had heard about that and then told me the best way to complete each field to satisfy the cruise line.

Here is a summary of the critical fields that were not completely obvious to me:

• How are you entering Canada? Entry by marine
  • Country of original departure: Canada
  • Embarkation date/time: Your scheduled cruise boarding time
  • Port of entry: Your first Canadian port that is on the dropdown list (In our case it was our second port. We did not discuss what to do if there weren't any)
  • Arrival date time:  Scheduled date/time for the port of entry

Hopefully this helps you or someone else stumbling upon this thread.

Here are some links and screenshots:

Canada:  https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/cruise

HAL:  https://www.hollandamerica.com/content/dam/hal/inventory-assets/Health_Sanitation/2022/0614-alaska-canada-health-protocols.pdf

176441593_arrivecan3.jpg.22f80076c84c5e51986330f04c376259.jpg

Below is from the HAL pdf for ALASKA & CANADA/NEW ENGLAND CRUISES

HAL_ArriveCAN.jpg.c554fd6ba94c44063e5e4257adab1086.jpg

Edited by Jersey42
  • Like 2

I flew from the US to Montreal one day before the Canada/New England cruise and only filled out ArriveCan for my initial arrival. I used the hotel as the address. There was no need to fill it out again for the cruise, because I hadn’t left Canada. If I were flying back to Canada at the end (from Boston), then another ArriveCan entry would be needed. The cruise terminal did not ask for any ArriveCan info. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Navybikermom said:

I flew from the US to Montreal one day before the Canada/New England cruise and only filled out ArriveCan for my initial arrival. I used the hotel as the address. There was no need to fill it out again for the cruise, because I hadn’t left Canada. If I were flying back to Canada at the end (from Boston), then another ArriveCan entry would be needed. The cruise terminal did not ask for any ArriveCan info. 

Good to know.  I have seen several other posts (but not all) that say the same thing.  Even though HAL corporate says you need to submit an ArriveCAN in order to board a Canada to US cruise, the people doing the check-in understand the rules and they do not ask for it.  I wish HAL would just give out the correct info!

• Like 1

On 9/17/2022 at 2:02 PM, Jersey42 said:

Good to know.  I have seen several other posts (but not all) that say the same thing.  Even though HAL corporate says you need to submit an ArriveCAN in order to board a Canada to US cruise, the people doing the check-in understand the rules and they do not ask for it.  I wish HAL would just give out the correct info!

I guess if they do ask for it you can just to it at the port as it taked only a few minutes to fill out.

Voila

Sea YA

Eric

On 9/17/2022 at 10:26 AM, Jersey42 said:

We are also on a cruise that embarks in Quebec City and ends in the USA without returning to Canada.  Canada DOES NOT require an ArriveCAN (#2) before boarding your cruise because it does not return to Canada.  The problem is HAL requires all passengers that embark in or enter Canada to submit an ArriveCAN before boarding.  So how do you correctly fill out the extra ArriveCAN?

I called the ArriveCAN help line and spoke to a gentlemen named Josh who was both knowledgeable and helpful.  He confirmed that an ArriveCAN was not needed for my cruise, because the cruise did not return to Canada.  I told him our cruise line is still requiring us to submit an ArriveCAN before we can board - so what should I do?  He said he had heard about that and then told me the best way to complete each field to satisfy the cruise line.

Here is a summary of the critical fields that were not completely obvious to me:

• How are you entering Canada? Entry by marine
  • Country of original departure: Canada
  • Embarkation date/time: Your scheduled cruise boarding time
  • Port of entry: Your first Canadian port that is on the dropdown list (In our case it was our second port. We did not discuss what to do if there weren't any)
  • Arrival date time:  Scheduled date/time for the port of entry

Hopefully this helps you or someone else stumbling upon this thread.

Here are some links and screenshots:

Canada:  https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/cruise

HAL:  https://www.hollandamerica.com/content/dam/hal/inventory-assets/Health_Sanitation/2022/0614-alaska-canada-health-protocols.pdf

176441593_arrivecan3.jpg.22f80076c84c5e51986330f04c376259.jpg

Below is from the HAL pdf for ALASKA & CANADA/NEW ENGLAND CRUISES

HAL_ArriveCAN.jpg.c554fd6ba94c44063e5e4257adab1086.jpg

It looks like Canada is finally dropping all covid requirements soon

They are planning a cabinet meeting when Trudeau gets back to announce

The arrivecan etc was to end Sept.30 if not extended anyway

It looks like even being vaccinated will go away. Random testing etc

Google Arrivecan ending and you will see for yourself what Is upcoming!

There has been a ton of pressure put on the govt to end them

Its about time we moved on!

Fingers crossed

• Thanks 3

On 9/5/2022 at 10:05 AM, nimiq said:

Thanks all 

Sea Ya 

Eric 

See my Covid update below...the end is near!