Cunard Vaccine Requirements

buchanan101

Looking at Cunard website it says this;

^If more than 270 days (calculated from the last day of the cruise) have passed since the full completion of a vaccination course, a booster vaccine will also be needed and must be administered a minimum of seven days prior to travel.

My OH and I had boosters (3rd jab) last November and December. Being over 50 we should get a booster sometime this autumn, but we are already over 270 days and may not get boosters in the next 6 weeks. 

Site also says; 

“Guests on voyages after 5 September 2022 whose vaccine and testing requirements differ from the below policy will be contacted directly for their upcoming holiday”

Wonder what this means? By our October 18th trip a good proportion of the passengers will be outside 270 days and unable to get boosters as under 50, or eligible but can’t get booster in time (booking only starts this coming week, and will work down through the ages)

anyone have any more info? I will ring them this week - after 5th - not going to wait to be told can’t go..,

(interestingly NHS Travel Pass has date 6 months from now, and I guess that’s a rolling date)

Edited by buchanan101

5 hours ago, Host Hattie said:

It means you need a booster 270 days after your initial course, not that you have to have a booster every 270 days.

Ah I see. The “course” is the original 2. Thanks. 

Wonder who they mean to be contacting from 5th Sept (see my original post) 

2 hours ago, buchanan101 said:

Ah I see. The “course” is the original 2. Thanks. 

Wonder who they mean to be contacting from 5th Sept (see my original post) 

For one example, I think we know they have contacted everyone on QM2's September 15th departure from Southampton to let them know their "testing requirements differ from the below policy". The "below policy" for Southampton departures does not require an observed test with certification. But the September 15th departure is requiring an observed test with certification.

I think we've determined that's because the September 15th departure is continuing on to Canada where pre-embarkation cruise testing is still required. For whatever reason, Cunard is apparently requiring an observed test with certification for all those embarking QM2 in Southampton on September 15th even if they are disembarking in New York and not continuing on to Canada.

Edited by bluemarble
  • Like 3

On 8/12/2022 at 2:32 PM, exlondoner said:

Yes, I realised I had got the wrong end of the stick and have altered it now. Sorry, I'm a moron.

On 9/3/2022 at 9:39 PM, bluemarble said:

For one example, I think we know they have contacted everyone on QM2's September 15th departure from Southampton to let them know their "testing requirements differ from the below policy". The "below policy" for Southampton departures does not require an observed test with certification. But the September 15th departure is requiring an observed test with certification.

I think we've determined that's because the September 15th departure is continuing on to Canada where pre-embarkation cruise testing is still required. For whatever reason, Cunard is apparently requiring an observed test with certification for all those embarking QM2 in Southampton on September 15th even if they are disembarking in New York and not continuing on to Canada.

Yes you are correct.

It's all a bit clearer today - from the site:

"Some voyages will have enhanced testing requirements due to the length of cruise, ports of call, or the ship’s onward destination. Only guests sailing on these longer or more complex itineraries, will be required to have an observed or in-person lateral flow/antigen test and provide a fit-to-travel certificate before departure"

And it lists the difference requirements for different cruises/crossings

https://www.cunard.com/en-gb/the-cunard-experience/sailing-with-confidence/preparing-to-sail/requirements-by-voyage

Note also the Cunard site now clarifies 

On 9/3/2022 at 1:34 PM, Host Hattie said:

It means you need a booster 270 days after your initial course, not that you have to have a booster every 270 days.

Cunard today have clarified this as well - in line with what Hattie said:

Guests who have had one booster vaccine, regardless of the date, are considered fully vaccinated. At this time, a second booster vaccination is not required, however, we strongly recommend all guests to have booster vaccinations at the earliest opportunity, should they be available to them, in order to comply with evolving vaccine policies from the countries we visit.

• Like 1