Boston Whale Watching

KATHYMAC68

I want to book the Whale Watching boat from the NE Aquarium. It’s not through the ship.

We are in port from 7-7. The tour is 10-2.

Should I be worried about booking this? Does anyone foresee any issue other than us sinking that we won’t make it back to the ship in time?

Even if we get stuck out there, another boat can come get us and still be back by 3 or 4, right???

Guess I’m just looking for reassurance…..

On 9/4/2022 at 11:13 AM, 1025cruise said:

I'd actually rate Boston worse. At least in Manhattan, the pedestrians and bikers follow the rules of the road and respect the cars.

Ha!  Pedestrians and Bikers have NEVER stopped at a red light in Manhattan EVER.  Not to mention the sidewalk bikers and the wrongway bikers!

Both cities are difficult to drive in.

• Haha 1

On 9/3/2022 at 7:27 PM, KATHYMAC68 said:

I want to book the Whale Watching boat from the NE Aquarium. It’s not through the ship.

We are in port from 7-7. The tour is 10-2.

Should I be worried about booking this? Does anyone foresee any issue other than us sinking that we won’t make it back to the ship in time?

Even if we get stuck out there, another boat can come get us and still be back by 3 or 4, right???

Guess I’m just looking for reassurance…..

Sometimes the boats can stay out a little longer if they don't find whales initially. But I can't imagine them not getting back by 3 or 4. That happened to me once and it turned 4 hour trip into a 5 hour trip. They won't stay out forever though and with gas prices sky high, maybe they don't do that anymore and you have plenty of wiggle room. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, marlenecook said:

Sometimes the boats can stay out a little longer if they don't find whales initially. But I can't imagine them not getting back by 3 or 4. That happened to me once and it turned 4 hour trip into a 5 hour trip. They won't stay out forever though and with gas prices sky high, maybe they don't do that anymore and you have plenty of wiggle room. 

Thank you. I was thinking the same thing.

I just need enough time to stop in Little Italy for some Cannoli. Lol