When can I pick my boarding time?

pmms052999

Diamond and Platinum guests are able to do online check in 16 days before sailing.  All other guests can check in 14 days prior to sailing.  You will pick your port arrival time during the online check in process.  Based on the order of check in, you will be assigned a boarding zone which will be printed on your boarding pass.  Once they begin boarding, they will board Suite guests and then begin calling boarding zones starting with A1.  In order to get the earliest boarding time possible for you, complete your checkil in  the minute it is available for you which is 12 am ET either 14 or 16 prior to sailing depending on your status. Hope this helps. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

We had stayed up late to check in and got the first check in slot. After we checked in they gave us boarding groups and we had an A group so we didn’t have to wait long to board at all. We did arrive to port before our check in slot and no one checked. We got there at 9:30 for a 10:00 am check in. We were on the boat by 11. This was in NOLA. 

• Like 1

On 9/4/2022 at 7:52 PM, Skippy said:

We had stayed up late to check in and got the first check in slot. After we checked in they gave us boarding groups and we had an A group so we didn’t have to wait long to board at all. We did arrive to port before our check in slot and no one checked. We got there at 9:30 for a 10:00 am check in. We were on the boat by 11. This was in NOLA. 

We sailed out of Miami in July and I was a bit frustrated because we arrived at our entry time and found the terminal already pretty packed and a large line of people getting in and at security - problem was they were just waiving everyone in.  I watched as we went through and they basically were just checking to see if you had a boarding pass and waiving you in.  Kind of defeated the purpose of the "selected entry times."  I noticed times that were as much as an hour and a half later on different peoples boarding passes and they were still getting in.

I am hoping this weekend when we sail out of there again it will not be the same way.

• Like 1

If only there were something we could do to dilate the time you're walking down the entrance ramp to the ship. (Beyond it just being crowded and having a big backup) That time plus the first couple hours on the ship are true 'peak' experiences. 😍

• Like 1

On 9/4/2022 at 8:58 AM, pmms052999 said:

How many days prior to my cruise can I choose my boarding time?

Check in is midnight EST 14 days prior to sailing.  If you live on the west coast that means you can check in at 9:00pm 15 days out.  You can choose your desired boarding time then.

1 minute ago, farjar said:

Check in is midnight EST 14 days prior to sailing.  If you live on the west coast that means you can check in at 9:00pm 15 days out.  You can choose your desired boarding time then.

Correction please. You choose your arrival time. Not your boarding time. That will vary with the ship's arrival time to the pier, the disembarkation of passengers that are coming off of the ship, how quickly the hotel crew can get the rooms ready for the next set of passengers, etc.  :classic_wink:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Joe817 said:

Correction please. You choose your arrival time. Not your boarding time. That will vary with the ship's arrival time to the pier, the disembarkation of passengers that are coming off of the ship, how quickly the hotel crew can get the rooms ready for the next set of passengers, etc.  :classic_wink:

I stand corrected.  I merely reiterated the terminology used by the original poster.  Certainly did not mean to mislead anyone.