Getting into Brisbane CBD from new BICT Cruise Terminal

On 9/6/2022 at 7:12 PM, SinbadThePorter said:

I can't recall seeing such a setup anywhere. I'm pretty sure that public transport is almost always only associated with cruise terminals incidentally. Like Circular Quay station is there to service the ferries not the OPT.

The bus and ferries are owned by the Brisbane City Council. So they are run with public needs in mind, but I don't think even they would consider a bus service to to the BICT to be good value.

Yeah, it probably wouldn't be viable but given the location of the BICT hopefully something will be put in place during the peak cruise season. Even White Elephant Bay had a ferry service for a while. Sydney's OPT and Melbourne's Station Pier are very lucky to have good existing public transport nearby.

8 hours ago, cruiser3775 said:

Looks like I would be best to take the $40 transfer from the ship to Brisbane airport, rather than wait a long time for a taxi.  Would I need to book this in advance, or just do it once on the ship?

It was one of the options on the debarkation questionnaire sheet left in the cabin a couple of days before cruise end - just tick it and they charge your stateroom account. If worried, certainly pop down to excursions and book with them. We had a debarkation tour booked but there were insufficient takers so it was cancelled. Went down to excursions on the day before we arrived back in Brisbane and booked the transfer. That was after we had sent back the debarkation sheet (when we did that, we hadn't been notified the tour was cancelled).

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Mikey22 said:

The closest Ferry Terminal To the BICT is Northshore Hamilton 

The Northshore ferry terminal is the closest to the BICT, but it is a few hundred metres from the nearest road. The next ferry stop up-river,  Bretts Wharf, is probably 100 or so from the nearest car access.