Cheers lower sugar options

Indytraveler83

5 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/whiskey-sour

Whatever you drink is not a whiskey sour.  A whiskey sour is not carbonated at all.

You are correct! Where I am from we call them whiskey sours and use whiskey and sour soda. We also drink Clam Diggers but they are called Bloody Ceasars elsewhere else and probably make them differently. I was just curious on if they carry any sour sodas...

4 hours ago, Jenner9 said:

You are correct! Where I am from we call them whiskey sours and use whiskey and sour soda. We also drink Clam Diggers but they are called Bloody Ceasars elsewhere else and probably make them differently. I was just curious on if they carry any sour sodas...

At the Red Frog Bar, not sure about Pub, they have Ting which is very similar to Squirt. 

Edited by momof3cruisers
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/whiskey-sour

Whatever you drink is not a whiskey sour.  A whiskey sour is not carbonated at all.

That New York Sour with the 1/2 ounce of red wine floating sounds interesting!  May have to try that at Alchemy this Thanksgiving cruise!  Thanks for posting the link🍸

I'm pre-diabetic and I dislike the taste of alcohol so it's an odd balance, trying to watch sugar intake.  I'd asked John Heald about Carnival maybe having some reduced-sugar daiquiri mixes for our MG cruise last fall and he enthusiastically agreed, said he'd do something since he is diabetic...but nothing, nada.  

I will note that a frozen mudslide has only half the calories as a frozen daiquiri...and I also tried and liked a Tito's (vodka)-and-cranberry.   😇