BEWARE! NCL PRIMA SLIDES OBSTRUCTING BALCONY VIEWS INCLUDING HAVEN ROOMS!

dhjson

1 hour ago, Karaboudjan said:

Maybe, but keep in mind that those photos were not taken from the official balcony.  If you look at the floorplan the only balcony shown is the typical rectangular balcony on the side of the ship and it is listed as 45 square feet, which would not include the angled area where the photos were taken from.  I think if you stood on the 'real' balcony where the lounge chair is you would get a considerably different view.

The person who took this photo took other photos from inside the suite, then walked out on the balcony and took those photos. These shots were taken from this cabin's balcony. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SeaShark said:

It is clear from the pictures that NCL should add a solid barrier to the right side (looking out to sea) of that balcony (similar to the one already installed on the left side) so that you can't see those slides at all. Then the obstruction would be mitigated.

Wouldn't that just obstruct the view of the slides? (jk)

• Haha 3

I wish those pictures of 16790 were taken from the slider looking directly perpendicular to the ship.   That would have shown if the view is obstructed or not.

It looks to me as if the view is not obstructed.  Yes, you can see the slide, but, you can typcially see lots of things from balconies, starting with the steel panels on each side.   The bridge's wings are in my line of sight often times - does that mean my view is obstructed?  Not in my opinion.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

Sure, but the fact that you can see something from a balcony only makes it visible, if it prevents the view, it is an obstruction. I was recently in a balcony on the Joy (9796) and we had a direct view into the Food Republic instead of down to the sea...and that balcony was never marked as obstructed, nor were people as outraged as they are here.

Can't speak for others, but I'm far from "Outraged" 🙂 

I don't think the obstruction you experienced in 9796 is the same thing. You had to look down to experience the obstruction. In the case of the slides, looking out toward the ocean is obstructed (unless you look at a perfect 90 degree angle from the sliders).

These cabins with the slides next to them are obstructed. I can't believe people are claiming they aren't or 'might not be'. It defies common sense.

FWIW, I believe that your Joy cabin 9796 should be marked with the 'obstruction' also to let people know just how close the top of food republic is. Even if it said 'possible obstruction'.

Seriously, how hard can it be for NCL to mark these cabins? 

Edited by BermudaBound2014

7 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Wouldn't that just obstruct the view of the slides? (jk)

Crap...you just ruined it for the people who missed that point. 😕

1 minute ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Can't speak for others, but I'm far from "Outraged" 🙂 

I don't think the obstruction you experienced in 9796 is the same thing.

If you really "can't speak for others", then you certainly can't speak to what I experienced on the Joy.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

Crap...you just ruined it for the people who missed that point. 😕

If you really "can't speak for others", then you certainly can't speak to what I experienced on the Joy.

HAHAHAH......... you sure are getting technical lately 😉

Let's me revise............. "I'm not outraged".

I can (and will) speak to what I have seen on the Joy cabin 9796 regarding the Food Republic location. I can't speak to YOUR particular experience, but I can form and opinion (and share said opinion) based on what I have witnessed virtually. My opinion is that cabin should be marked 'partial obstruction'.

Are trying to stifle opinions on an internet forum?? Good luck with that 😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

Here is another one - BA category, cabin 16192- Accessible. The poster is able to take photos of cabins on her B2B. If you are on FB she is posting on the NCL PRIMA INFO page.

image.thumb.jpeg.78245d44841a28ad161ed6cfdcfd7ead.jpeg

274657010_ScreenShot2022-09-23at9_00_36AM.thumb.jpeg.a6d7d2672d7b572b85650f8609269ded.jpeg

767935877_ScreenShot2022-09-23at9_00_41AM.thumb.jpeg.f0637623fb0a6cb70a756f7fec88b61e.jpeg

1450216046_ScreenShot2022-09-23at9_00_47AM.thumb.jpeg.0eb20dedb3ec8330e99335566388bc5e.jpeg

For the Love of God how can anyone claim this is NOT an obstruction.

You people have lost your minds 😉 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, jezabel80 said:

Thank you so much for posting these pictures.  I would say these are definitely obstructed views, and they should be listed as such on NCL website. 

You are very welcome. I can't take credit for them. If the OP posts more I will upload them here. The OP is a TA who was allowed to take these photos during a turnaround. She also posted pics of some of the Haven aft suites - H3 - very yummy - and HB. Both are beautiful and no obstructions at all. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

Here is another one - BA category, cabin 16192- Accessible. The poster is able to take photos of cabins on her B2B. If you are on FB she is posting on the NCL PRIMA INFO page.

274657010_ScreenShot2022-09-23at9_00_36AM.thumb.jpeg.a6d7d2672d7b572b85650f8609269ded.jpeg

767935877_ScreenShot2022-09-23at9_00_41AM.thumb.jpeg.f0637623fb0a6cb70a756f7fec88b61e.jpeg

1450216046_ScreenShot2022-09-23at9_00_47AM.thumb.jpeg.0eb20dedb3ec8330e99335566388bc5e.jpeg

Anyone who booked these with the old (original) deck plans are often getting larger balconies, with a better view. There was no guarantee of anything but a side view of the ship. 

Screenshot_20220924-012228.png

• Like 1

23 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

For the Love of God how can anyone claim this is NOT an obstruction.

You people have lost your minds 😉 

Because folks are confusing and comingling the 3 completely different types of cabins in question here.

In the floorplan posted above, the dark green cabins are the non-Haven family suites that have the dry slides physically spiraling through them, with varying degrees of slide-ness present or visible depending on your deck. Although it looks as though you have that entire space as your private deck - you don't. You only get the smaller side facing area as your 'true' balcony. So to claim you have an obstruction on something that isn't even yours is just silly. Standing on the true balcony looking perpendicular to the ship - is there an obstruction in that view? I don't care if you look 90 degrees aft and have an obstruction... in a regular balcony room if I look left or right I see the divider wall and nothing else unless I stick my head over the edge. So why are the rules different for this ship where folks want to count views beyond your normal balcony viewing area as counting towards obstructions or not?

Then there's the olive green 2 bedroom haven rooms. No slides in them, and depending on the deck no slides even remotely visible as it spirals the opposite direction on those decks. The worst part of these rooms is the fact that folks in the corner handicap accessible rooms are staring right at them anytime either of you are on your balcony.

Then there's the worst (IMO) rooms of all, the unfortunate handicap accessible rooms tucked in the corner between both of the other 2 mentioned rooms. They're forced to look aft, right into the cabins of everyone in their neighborhood. No privacy for them or any of their neighbors. Plus a very small and awkward balcony to begin with, that again has varying views of the slide present depending on the deck.

So it's not about if there's an obstruction present or not - it 100% depends on the type of room you're talking about and which deck you're standing on. But again, the OP was specifically talking about the Haven rooms, which to me are not obstructed. They're not private, but that's a different matter.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

What obstruction?'? I see nothing lol.......🙃

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sailing12Away said:

Then there's the olive green 2 bedroom haven rooms. No slides in them, and depending on the deck no slides even remotely visible as it spirals the opposite direction on those decks. The worst part of these rooms is the fact that folks in the corner handicap accessible rooms are staring right at them anytime either of you are on your balcony.

Unless I'm looking at this wrong (and that is entirely possible), I'm seeing fully obstructed olive green 2 bedroom haven rooms. Isn't this cabin with the star 15300 a 2 bedroom haven? I would call both that cabin AND the one below it (with the slide spiraling in the opposite direction) as significantly obstructed. 

I do agree that privacy is terrible also so it seems these cabins got the double whammy. 

image.png.5e38a29dc46c46e250ee4b247c53766c.png

• Like 3

On 9/16/2022 at 6:22 PM, BermudaBound2014 said:

IKR? I know the odds are small because of the safety precautions; but Whenever I get stuck on a slide I’m terrified someone will come barreling into me. 

To NCL's credit, they are quite conscious of safety on their waterslides on their many ships. There's usually someone at the top of the slide and maybe someone at the bottom to give the OK (via walky-talkies) that the person who went into the slide came out the other end, before they send the next person down.

5 minutes ago, deepbluediver said:

To NCL's credit, they are quite conscious of safety on their waterslides on their many ships. There's usually someone at the top of the slide and maybe someone at the bottom to give the OK (via walky-talkies) that the person who went into the slide came out the other end, before they send the next person down.

This is correct. I watched several people come down the slide today and the employee at the top told the employee at the bottom which slide was being used (white or blue). They alternated each side. And there was absolutely no screaming...its only about 10 seconds from start to finish.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1