Unspent Onboard Credit

roomba920

31 minutes ago, hallux said:

I usually trust what BirdTravels says.  And you both may be correct.  It likely depends on how the OBC is 'bought' by the TA..

14 hours ago, Guindalf said:

BirdTravels is wrong. MOST TA OBC is refundable. Usually, only OBC provided as a perk by the cruise line is non-refundable.

O.K. I think that I maybe too broad on that position. All of the OBC that I have ever received from big travel agents has been non-refundable. It is reasonable that some will actually buy refundable OBC. 

I was also reacting to the OP who said that NCL said that their OBC could not be used for DSC. That being said, NCL customer service is wrong more than it's right and really depends on the agent. 

• Like 1

most OBC comes from travel agent credits - and most TA's will send you a check when you embark - so its waiting at your return = I was going to wait and use my OBC for excursions then realized that it would not available until onboard - and - excursions could sell out - so - I just took a check from the TA.  

I don't think its possible to get off a cruise ship without a balance - even on NCL in the Haven with FAS+ -