Are there any Carnival ships that don't have Dive In Movies?

LoungingMcCoy

YES!😁  Carnival Legend does not have the giant movie screen on Lido.  And I am so happy about that!😎  I guess I am in the minority here, but I hate those big, loud screens!

ETA: I know there are other ships that don't have the screens, but I can't remember which ones.  I'm super-focused on Legend right now because she is my next ship. Others here will surely know, so I'll let them handle that.🙂

Edited by ShakyBeef
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, ShakyBeef said:

YES!😁  Carnival Legend does not have the giant movie screen on Lido.  And I am so happy about that!😎  I guess I am in the minority here, but I hate those big, loud screens!

ETA: I know there are other ships that don't have the screens, but I can't remember which ones.  I'm super-focused on Legend right now because she is my next ship. Others here will surely know, so I'll let them handle that.🙂

I am with you! Last week ( Radiance) they had movies on by the main pool during the day...SUPER LOUD and annoying 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/6/2022 at 8:30 AM, ShakyBeef said:

I agree with you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, MMfan14 said:

Do they show movies at another place on these ships or are the only available in your staterooms?

No, on the smaller ships there is no movie venue other than your room.

I am always surprised that people want to watch a movie on a cruise. Even on the lido deck, I am uninterested in a movie. I want the outside world to disappear entirely when I cruise. 

On 9/7/2022 at 12:23 PM, CorrieCJ said:

I know the Legend doesn't have them but does anyone know if they keep the pool open late anyway? 

I was on the Legend last week and from I remember the pool closed at different times - I know the night of the mega deck party, the pool was open until 11pm. But there was at least one other night that they had emptied the pool much earlier in the evening. We don't use them which is why I can't remember more specifics. 

4 hours ago, asalligo said:

I am always surprised that people want to watch a movie on a cruise. Even on the lido deck, I am uninterested in a movie. I want the outside world to disappear entirely when I cruise. 

It's actually been a while since I've watched one. Often, there are other things that I would rather do. Some nights, there isn't a better option for us. Being able to watch a newer movie I'm interested in, under the stars, on the sea, at no additional cost, reminds me nothing of the outside world.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, asalligo said:

No, on the smaller ships there is no movie venue other than your room.

One of the most relaxing things I like to do is watch a Dive In movie. To me, it is the perfect way to end a day.

• Like 1

Guest BasicSailor
9 hours ago, bingomamma19 said:

yes, they will show movies in the comedy clubs on some days.   Was on the legend last year and just got off the miracle.  

Bingo! 👍

On 9/9/2022 at 12:37 PM, buckyfawnie said:

I was on the Legend last week and from I remember the pool closed at different times - I know the night of the mega deck party, the pool was open until 11pm. But there was at least one other night that they had emptied the pool much earlier in the evening. We don't use them which is why I can't remember more specifics. 

Thanks. My husband is kind of disappointed about the lack of movie screen (He likes to fall asleep in front of the movie after dinner 😄 ) but my kids will be really disappointed if the pool isn't open late. I love cruising out of Baltimore and this one was such a good sale (next August) but I'm wondering if we will regret it. 

On 9/9/2022 at 4:57 PM, Rollin Tide said:

Exactly the same for me.

Even though a few times I've said I might do it, I've still never watched one.

Same here, in 30+ cruises, I have never watched a movie by the pool, or had a desire to… walked by a few times and found them super annoying… leaving on Vista Saturday and won’t watch one then… 

BTW @Rollin Tide.. ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!