Platinum priority embark/disembark ... Is it back?

Flip flop lady

3 hours ago, 2wheelin said:

Non D/P self assist get mixed in with all others with checked bags. They have called alternating tag numbers with muster stations (self assist) on all the recent ships I have been on. I always do self assist but it is never faster than the low tag numbers.

Title of thread is embark/disembark

Yes, I can read.  The OP specifically asked about debark to make an early flight to which I answered.    

Edited by Elaine5715

6 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Since the restart there has always been priority debarkation for self assist and for those that put luggage out. You will receive a letter explaining all. 😎

I know the OP is concerned about Port of Charleston but here's the priority debarkation letter for Port Canaveral:

PXL_20220907_005051673.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

Yes, priority debark was never stopped.  You will get the instruction letter as always last sea day.  But if you are cutting it that close, you might want to reconsider flights

This is my first sailing as a platinum cruiser. I thought this whole time that priority debark had stopped. How does it work, do you get your own line or can you just get off earlier?

Guest BasicSailor
Just now, matymil said:

This is my first sailing as a platinum cruiser. I thought this whole time that priority debark had stopped. How does it work, do you get your own line or can you just get off earlier?

The norm is to receive a letter in your cabin explaining where to meet for debarkation and times.

Guest BasicSailor
22 minutes ago, matymil said:

Nvm i just saw the above picture lol

Just to add if, usually early morning coffee, orange juice and a few snacks to hold you over.

Two experiences since returning to cruising with priority debarkation. Both were positive because we did NOT wait until the time on the letter to go to deck 3 and wait in the theater.

The elevators were a mess. We learned a long time ago to press both the Up and Down button and just get aboard an elevator. Eventually it will get you there.

There is a throng of people wanting to get down and they clog up the process. Mix in the Breeze crew made zero effort to stop anyone from entering that didn't have a letter as they said "priority?" and everyone said yes. They waived them all through. We saw cards of all colors in peoples hands in the diamond and platinum waiting area.

I get it; they are two hundred crew short on this ship and quite possibly most of the other ships and embark and debark are their most stressful times. We were off the ship at 7:45 AM and home at 9.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

Priority debark never stopped.  

Yeah thank you i saw the other comment that said it never stopped. Im saying as a first time platinum cruiser i did not previously know this. My question has been answered

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Flip flop lady said:

Thanks everyone,  I looked back at Facebook and couldn't find what I saw.  It was a response from him in comments on the thread where someone was complaining about Tea Time.  We plan to Uber to the terminal.  Is there a way to carry your own luggage on the ship?

My Wife's last two cruises from here, they carried their own luggage off.

The first time they got off as soon as they could and were outside for me to pick them up before 7am.
In March they lollygagged getting off and were still outside by 8 am.

I pick them up in the cab/uber area at the bottom of the ramp from the ship, and we have been back to our house (15 minutes past the airport) in less than 30 minuites each time.

Unless you would hit traffic at the Boeing plant (at the edge of the airport) at the start of their shift (which I believe is actually 5 or 6 am) You should EASILY be dropped off at the terminal curbside within 30 minutes.

Edited by bguppies

4 hours ago, bguppies said:

My Wife's last two cruises from here, they carried their own luggage off.

The first time they got off as soon as they could and were outside for me to pick them up before 7am.
In March they lollygagged getting off and were still outside by 8 am.

I pick them up in the cab/uber area at the bottom of the ramp from the ship, and we have been back to our house (15 minutes past the airport) in less than 30 minuites each time.

Unless you would hit traffic at the Boeing plant (at the edge of the airport) at the start of their shift (which I believe is actually 5 or 6 am) You should EASILY be dropped off at the terminal curbside within 30 minutes.

Do you know if they were able to carry their bags onto the ship at embarkation?  Everything Im reading says you have to drop your luggage off prior to going into the terminal due to the bus situation taking you to the ship.