Drinks in the Spa???

wemjam

Stupid question I know, but I have always thought Carnival was missing the boat (ya bad pun) by not offering some form of limited bar service in the spa.  Who wouldn't love a libation while getting a mani/pedi.

I have never done it, but are we allowed to BYOB?  I know I have gotten the glasses with lemon and orange water before.

I almost always get a pedi the first day mid afternoon and it would be nice to sit and sip on something yummy at the same time.  Now THAT's relaxation.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wemjam said:

Stupid question I know, but I have always thought Carnival was missing the boat (ya bad pun) by not offering some form of limited bar service in the spa.  Who wouldn't love a libation while getting a mani/pedi.

I have never done it, but are we allowed to BYOB?  I know I have gotten the glasses with lemon and orange water before.

I almost always get a pedi the first day mid afternoon and it would be nice to sit and sip on something yummy at the same time.  Now THAT's relaxation.

I cannot imagine they wouldn’t allow it for a pedicure.  Maybe not during a facial…. 😉

• Like 1

9 hours ago, wemjam said:

Spas and alcohol isn't normally mixed. The idea of many spa treatments is to cleanse and detox, just the opposite of drinking alcohol. There are very, very, very few land based spas if any that would have a bar in their Thermal suites. It's antithetical to the whole spa culture. 

I must sound like a lush kind of.  Understand, I hardly ever even drink.  I just have thought about it while I was sitting there getting a pedi how nice it might be to sip on a mimosa or something just as part of the relaxation experience.  I can see how for other types of services this would not be practical.  

Edited by wemjam
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, wemjam said:

I must sound like a lush kind of.  Understand, I hardly ever even drink.  I just have thought about it while I was sitting there getting a pedi how nice it might be to sip on a mimosa or something just as part of the relaxation experience.  I can see how for other types of services this would not be practical.  

Since the pedi chairs usually face the water, it is the perfect to sip a beverage of your choice

• Like 1

7 hours ago, wemjam said:

There are a number of salons in my area who offer complimentary wine/frozen bevs to their customers so you're not totally off base here!

• Like 5

3 hours ago, ultrafighter said:

There are a number of salons in my area who offer complimentary wine/frozen bevs to their customers so you're not totally off base here!

I think there definitely a difference between having drinks while getting a mani/pedi vs drinks in the thermal suite. Alcohol and hot rooms such as saunas and steam rooms aren't a good combination and could lead to situations with health related risks. 

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 1

Glass in the spa area is just something that shouldn't happen.  Just like in the pool areas.  Anywhere people may be walking around barefoot just isn't somewhere that glass should be allowed.

There are so many places on a ship to sit and have a drink.  Yes, on the rare occasion you can even find somewhere relatively quiet (I know that's difficult to do on a Carnival ship).

Leave the spa as a last, lone refuge from the party atmosphere.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, NCTribeFan said:

Glass in the spa area is just something that shouldn't happen.  Just like in the pool areas.  Anywhere people may be walking around barefoot just isn't somewhere that glass should be allowed.

There are so many places on a ship to sit and have a drink.  Yes, on the rare occasion you can even find somewhere relatively quiet (I know that's difficult to do on a Carnival ship).

Leave the spa as a last, lone refuge from the party atmosphere.

Having a adult beverage lounging on a heated bench as I read is a party atmosphere?  Party on, Dean Koontz! 

• Like 3