Coffee Cart Server

kris816

Back in 2018, we were on the Silhouette. There was an awesome server in the buffet who manned the coffee cart every morning. He was super positive and friendly. We’ve been trying to think of his name and cannot remember it. Does anyone know who this is and what ship he might be on now?

You always seem to meet the most happy staff in Oceanview despite how hard it is working there.

5 hours ago, fabric_fabric said:

Donovan from Jamaica was delightful - always singing and cheerful. We saw him on Summit June 2021 sailing out of St. Marten.

I don’t know if your Donovan is the same as the one we saw on Summit a few years before you….He greeted everyone with a fantastic smile, asked how you were, asked if you needed anything…There were several disabled guests on the cruise and he would always be ready to carry a plate for them, offer to get things…

On 9/7/2022 at 9:28 AM, mayleeman said:

We had a wonderful coffee server named Morales on the Reflection in April 2019. He was from Colombia, I believe. Sang to everyone as he came through. Could that be the one you are thinking of?

I think we had him on Solstice in Alaska last week.

• Thanks 1

On 9/8/2022 at 9:10 PM, CTSandy said:

Perhaps it was Donovan from Jamaica.  He used to be on Summit for several contracts but I haven’t seen him since they restarted.  He was always singing and so welcoming!

Years ago we had a singing waiter from Jamaica in Blu named Donovan.  I wonder if that is the same person.  He often worked with another wonderful waiter in Blu named Billy.His famous quote was "Lovely, Dovely".  Has anyone seen him recently?

4 minutes ago, Peteymil said:

Years ago we had a singing waiter from Jamaica in Blu named Donovan.  I wonder if that is the same person.  He often worked with another wonderful waiter in Blu named Billy.His famous quote was "Lovely, Dovely".  Has anyone seen him recently?

That would be the same Donovan I mentioned above!  He was a server in the MDR on one of my Summit cruises years ago - the next year he was working in Blu, used to great us each time saying “welcome to my people”, the following cruise he was doing the coffee service in Oceanview.  He told me he preferred Oceanview because he met more passengers there.  He was amazing and I’m glad to hear that he’s back on Summit.  I didn’t see him on our July sailing.

#3 Capsplace.  We are looking at booking a SE Asia cruise on Celebrity.  I cannot find any reviews, possibly because that area of the world has been closed to travel for so long.  How did you like the cruise?  Would you recommend it to friends?  It's such a long flight.....just wondering if we would "love" it.  Any suggestions or recommendations that you can provide would be much appreciated. 

On 9/7/2022 at 2:42 PM, capsplace said:

We had a guy from Jamaica on a SE Asia cruise 2018.  Made our mornings!

#3 Capsplace.  We are looking at booking a SE Asia cruise on Celebrity.  I cannot find any reviews, possibly because that area of the world has been closed to travel for so long.  How did you like the cruise?  Would you recommend it to friends?  It's such a long flight.....just wondering if we would "love" it.  Any suggestions or recommendations that you can provide would be much appreciated. 

42 minutes ago, Wanderlust2123 said:

@capsplace  Hopefully this will help, @Wanderlust2123

5 hours ago, Wanderlust2123 said:

4 hours ago, scrapcreator said:

@capsplace  Hopefully this will help, @Wanderlust2123

Hi there!  We sailed on the Millennium in fall 2018 from Tokyo to Hong Kong and then on a B2B to Singapore. It was truly a wonderful experience. We highly recommend it.  We had a stop in Taiwan, but not sure if that is happening now.  And when we were there, Hong Kong was more autonomous than it is now.   Our trip included Shanghai, Vietnam and Thailand too.

• Thanks 1