Luggage Direct on Celebrity

roysue

I know the luggage valet service with Celebrity has not returned after covid.  I just read that HAL is offering LuggageDirect in Fort Lauderdale.   Has anyone heard anything about Celebrity  using this service?  Any info appreciated.  Cruising next week.  Thanks

On 9/7/2022 at 10:37 AM, roysue said:

I know the luggage valet service with Celebrity has not returned after covid.  I just read that HAL is offering LuggageDirect in Fort Lauderdale.   Has anyone heard anything about Celebrity  using this service?  Any info appreciated.  Cruising next week.  Thanks

We have used luggage valet since covid on both Celeb and RC. Not available in all ports though. So you'll have to check when you get on board. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, cruising in mn said:

We have used luggage valet since covid on both Celeb and RC. Not available in all ports though. So you'll have to check when you get on board. 

If it is offered there were two restrictions in the past - Flight from FLL departure after 11:30am and no all airlines participated.  You likely will not know until on board if it is offered.  

• Like 1

On 9/7/2022 at 8:37 AM, roysue said:

Not a Celebrity thing, is a third party that Celebrity worked with.  This is common misconception with a big consequence being because it's a 3rd party most travel insurances won't cover lost luggage if your luggage never shows up to the departing airport.  It's important to talk to insurance provider to see if coverage can be added for a 3rd party luggage handler.