Jewel - Starbucks or Atrium Cafe?

MyTMo777

The ship description for the Jewel says it has an Atrium Cafe, but there's also a Starbucks drink package available. Photos don't seem to show "Starbucks" across the top of the cafe, but a traveler on the ship referred to it as Starbucks in a post. Anyone know for sure what it is?

• 4 months later...
On 9/9/2022 at 11:00 AM, Fisical1 said:

Can you use Starbucks cards on the ship?  Thinking of buying some for my kids.

I had read somewhere you can’t use gift card on most of the ships. Just recently on breakaway and was told you will let you use the app . That is true because I used it several times. So not sure about the gift cards.  Just told the app is ok. 

• 1 year later...

Just boarded the Jewel.  On this ship, you cannot use the Starbucks app or the Starbucks gift cards.  They will only let you charge the coffee to your room card.

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, kaboozle said:

Just boarded the Jewel.  On this ship, you cannot use the Starbucks app or the Starbucks gift cards.  They will only let you charge the coffee to your room card.

Because there is no Starbucks on the Jewel. It is the Atrium Cafe and Bar. 

The Shell gas station down the street from my house also “proudly served Starbucks products” but is not a Starbucks and does not take Starbucks gift cards. 

7 hours ago, kaboozle said:

This is true for many NCL ships. Only the newer/bigger ones have full Starbucks where you can use gift cards and app. I'm guessing Epic and later.

4 hours ago, nordicacres said:

So if it’s not a real Starbucks, how is the coffee?

Sincerely, very picky coffee drinker

And if I may ask, what is the price per coffee if you do not have the premium drink or the Starbucks package.

Posted (edited)

I'm not into Starbucks myself. Not onboard, not on land. But I have been told that prices onboard are approximately the same as on land or maybe a little bit more with the 20% gratuity added. I have seen Chai Latte and I THINK Frappucinos on Atrium café menus on ships, but I haven't been on Jewel. Should be the same one would think. But I don't know. (And I'm not entirley sure of the Frappucinos. Maybe I remember wrongly)

Edited by Asawi
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, nordicacres said:

It is Starbucks brand coffee beans in an espresso machine. They make a range of drinks similar to Starbucks. 

It's been a while since we were on the Jewel, so I don't have a price for there. Last week, a "real" Starbucks on NCL was charging between $5.95 and $6.45 for grande-sized coffee drinks ($5.45 for a chai latte).  

8 hours ago, nordicacres said:

NCL is licensed to sell Starbucks products, so they're selling actual Starbucks coffees.

2 hours ago, laudergayle said:

@kaboozle How’s the drink selection at the Atrium Cafe?  Do they do drinks like frappes?  Things like chai latte?  

Yes, they do have the fu-fu coffees.  My wife gets them all the time.  I just drink straight coffee.  I like my coffee like I like my women...hot and straight.  🤪

• Haha 2

IMG_8411.jpeg

• Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, kaboozle said:

They’re considered an independent contractor that serves a limited Starbucks menu (see photo). Hope that helps

Thanks for the photo! FWIW I see both Chai Latte and Frappuccinos on the menu. And prices. 😮 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, kaboozle said:

IMG_8411.jpeg

Meaning as a unique separate charge or unless you've purchased the Unlimited Starbucks Package? 

1 hour ago, dmwnc1959 said:

Meaning as a unique separate charge or unless you've purchased the Unlimited Starbucks Package? 

If you have the Starbucks package then the charge to your room will be zero.

The procedure is still the same. They scan your card and you sign the slip, it just says zero if you have the package.

My experience is from using the premium plus beverage package but I’d be surprised if it is different for the Starbucks package.

• Thanks 2

You’re helping me get even more excited about our cruise next month.  We typically don’t do FAS+ but with doing an excursion in every port we decided to spend the extra this trip.  So…Starbucks and Baileys will make this AK cruise even better. thanks @kaboozlefor posting.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1