The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday September 9th, 2022

richwmn

3 hours ago, marshhawk said:

Chuck and I thank you all for all the kind wishes on our anniversary and our bon voyage adventure.

While I am looking forward to trying a cruise again, I will miss you all for two weeks!  OMG!  How will I survive?

I am packed, got my new purse stuffed with paperwork and passports, got all the clothes in the suitcase, the shoe bag has to be packed next, and then tomorrow pack up my meds, and I'm ready to go.  But I am still working tomorrow.  Sleep well Angels, and Thanks.

thank-you-angels-for-wrapping-us-all-in-your-loving-17317571.png

I hope you both have an amazing cruise.

Graham.

• Like 2

Terri @Cruzin TerriI'm glad to hear you had a great idea and called your neighbor to ask about her rentals.  You will be much more comfortable there.  It's great to hear the insurance adjuster went over the home carefully to make sure everything gets returned to new condition.  I agree that flooding in the home is a devastating event.  Thank goodness you were both home and not on an extended cruise when this occurred!  

Once a couple up the street were away on vacation when someone noticed water in front of their home when it shouldn't have been.  Under further investigation it seemed to be flooding coming from their house!  Someone was able to turn off the water at the street, but the damage had been done.  The couple was notified and authoriized neighbors to go in and salvage what they could.  Apparently a pipe had burst.  When we leave home we turn off water in the basement, then at the meter at the street (underground), and relieve pressure on the pipes by draining some faucets.  

One time we returned home and turned on the water (first turning on some faucets to ease the pressure), and our powder room toilet tank suddenly cracked and began pouring several gallons of water on our wood floors.  Since we were right here at the time, we turned off the water to the toilet and sopped up the water on the floors causing no damage to the room.  Then we had to locate a new toilet tank and replace it.  But who ever thought the tank could just crack open like that?  Not I!!

• Like 3

I am going to shamelessly plug a business a friend of mine is involved with:

https://www.pipeburstpro.com/

This is a device that monitors your water flow and cuts it off at the entrance to the home if it appears that a leak is occurring. I don't know the cost, but it could save you from a disaster.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2