Cruising on New Year's Eve

mom1965

They have a huge party on Lido and do the countdown..  They give out noisemakers, hats, free champagne, etc.

It is also usually elegant night and most dress up.

They also have a balloon drop in the atrium.  

This year will be our 6th NYE cruise.

We have a blast!

Enjoy!

• Like 2

Guest BasicSailor
On 9/9/2022 at 9:56 AM, mom1965 said:

We are on the Legend on 12/26 - never cruised on NYE before.  Do they do anything special?

Other than what was mentioned they tend to charge you more for the cruise with little to show in response.

I've been on two NYE cruises, both on Carnival. In the dining room, the tables had NYE decorations on them with hats & noisemakers.

They had "snow" in the atrium early evening. There were two parties going on, one more formal in the atrium and one more casual on out on the Lido Deck.

Free flowing champagne at both. They do the countdown and the crew were celebrating as well. It was so much fun.

On my second NYE cruise, it was similar. When we boarded the ship, they were passing out champagne and walking around with trays for a good couple of hours. Muster drill was interesting. 🙂

Instead of the hats & noisemakers on the dining tables, they passed them out later in the evening.

Still two parties, in the atrium & lido deck and free flowing champagne then too.

Have fun!

Thanks for all info, it inspired me to book NYE 2023 on the Panorama, our home port. It’s an 8 day with an extra port of call and it will be hubby’s 70th birthday on NYE. I grabbed a Havana aft balcony, can’t wait! 

Edited by LaRue1975

We loved the Sunrise last NYE.  There was just something special about being out at sea at the deck party.   It was like a hyped-up version of 80s Rock n Glow paired with Elegant Night.  It was CROWDED though so be prepared.    We liked it so much we're trying out the Celebration for this NYE.