Odyssey if we’ve only done Oasis & Voyager class

gmkgks

Hi,

Looking at the Odyssey for Christmas with a 12 year old.  We have not done any Quantum class ships.  I’m looking at the amenity lists online but I’d love opinions from others that have done the Oasis class and then tried Odyssey. We’ve done 4 Oasis class ships in the last 3 years.  
Thanks. 

1 hour ago, gmkgks said:

Hi,

Looking at the Odyssey for Christmas with a 12 year old.  We have not done any Quantum class ships.  I’m looking at the amenity lists online but I’d love opinions from others that have done the Oasis class and then tried Odyssey. We’ve done 4 Oasis class ships in the last 3 years.  
Thanks. 

Way better than Voyager but not quite as good as Oasis class.  IMO. 

1 hour ago, gmkgks said:

Hi,

Thanks. 

We’ve sailed both, each has their strengths.  On Quantum class you have: North Star, 270, iFly, bumper cars and the music hall.  Lots to do, you’re going to have a great time.  Have a great cruise!

4 hours ago, gmkgks said:

Hi,

Thanks. 

We have sailed twice on the Odyssey and twice on Oasis class ships.  We have two upcoming cruises booked on the Oasis and none on the Quantum class ships, like the Odyssey.  That should tell you what we prefer.

The Odyssey is gorgeous and has a lot of amazing things to see and do.  Service was excellent.  Incredible Solarium area.  We sailed the Odyssey twice, once at 17% occupancy and once with 100% occupancy.  The 100% occupancy (which is then norm now, and will definitely will be over the holidays when you expect to sail) felt like it was sailing at 200% capacity.  Free activity spots for things like iFly and NorthStar were all booked fast, so many people either paid or did not do them.  Some prime pay restaurant reservations went quickly.  Shows you had to book ahead of time when boarding the ship filled quickly for some shows.  Worst of all was you could not find a single deck chair after 8 am on sea days on the pool deck, the deck above the pool deck, or in the Solarium.  Wall-to-wall people.  Far less space per passenger than on the Oasis class ships