Upgrading classic beverage to premium as Elite

go.without.you

36 minutes ago, go.without.you said:

If I purchase the upgrade prior to the cruise do I still receive the Elite discount? Asking because its on sale on the website right now.

You will need to upgrade on the phone to get the discount.

• Thanks 1

Yes, your cost to upgrade should be the price difference in the Cruise Planner, less your Elite discount + the 20%.  If you wait until you board the price with gratuity should be $18. I called and upgraded with E+ discount and between the lower prices in the CP and our discount it reduced the price about $5 pp pd so saved about $140.

I don't see a sale price for the upgrade, but can see a 9% sale on the packages. That makes the difference between classic and premium $14/day for me (plus 20% minus CC discount).

Do the math.....if you have a drink above the $9 price you only pay the difference. So, if you buy a $12 martini, you will pay $3.60. That means you will have to drink at least 4 drinks per day above the $9 price point to make the upgrade "worthwhile". Given some of the reports of shortages onboard, I'm not sure we will upgrade this trip.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, CaroleSS said:

I don't see a sale price for the upgrade, but can see a 9% sale on the packages. That makes the difference between classic and premium $14/day for me (plus 20% minus CC discount).

Do the math.....if you have a drink above the $9 price you only pay the difference. So, if you buy a $12 martini, you will pay $3.60. That means you will have to drink at least 4 drinks per day above the $9 price point to make the upgrade "worthwhile". Given some of the reports of shortages onboard, I'm not sure we will upgrade this trip.

As you say, may not be worthwhile if they do not have the drinks you want. I considered paying the difference, but decided to upgrade with the sale price, and Elite discount as I enjoy sparkling water so that pushes it a bit more towards the worthwhile for me. 

I purchased the non- alcoholic package online with 17% discount. I asked Celebrity for the Elite discount and they informed me that the t&c’s state that you cannot combine the offers. Would it be different if I was upgrading?

I am in UK if this makes any difference to the t&c’s.

Edited by waggie

4 hours ago, waggie said:

I purchased the non- alcoholic package online with 17% discount. I asked Celebrity for the Elite discount and they informed me that the t&c’s state that you cannot combine the offers. Would it be different if I was upgrading?

I am in UK if this makes any difference to the t&c’s.

You can totally combine the two. I did just that and didn't even have to ask.

It may have been a mistake, but my son just called to upgrade his drink package and was only charged $9.50 per day (5% Classic CC member discount) plus gratuities. Did they lower the upgrade cost differential back to $10 per day, or did his customer service agent get confused and upgrade based on outdated information? 

3 hours ago, dreamer321 said:

Yes you only pay the difference plus 20% gratuity on difference. This question has been answered hundreds of times on numerous different threads regarding upgrading the drinks package.

Ok . You don't have to be snarky. We've been sailing on all-inclusives prior to the pandemic but looking forward to getting back to our first love.

• Like 1

@thebutlerdidit How did you get through to someone? So far I've called on 3 separate occasions (cuz  you can't 'simply' upgrade online). Each time resulted in over a hour's wait time and eventually ended up with a disconnection.

I've tried most of the numbers I have for X.....from the CaptsClub to reservations. I honestly think they all go to the same place...which is a black hole! If I hear "we appreciate your patience" one more time I think my head might explode! 🤯  Oops! It already did!

I apologize for my "testiness", but I have had questions about our sailing and have been forced to call on multiple occasions - all with excessive wait times.  

16 hours ago, Fly and Sail said:

You can totally combine the two. I did just that and didn't even have to ask.

Thanks - if I give you my reservation perhaps you could try for me?😀

This is from both  the US and UK website - 

Discount on beverage packages

. Discount does not apply to promotional beverage packages, including promotional package upgrade. Not combinable with other offers.

16 hours ago, CaroleSS said:

@thebutlerdidit How did you get through to someone? So far I've called on 3 separate occasions (cuz  you can't 'simply' upgrade online). Each time resulted in over a hour's wait time and eventually ended up with a disconnection.

I've tried most of the numbers I have for X.....from the CaptsClub to reservations. I honestly think they all go to the same place...which is a black hole! If I hear "we appreciate your patience" one more time I think my head might explode! 🤯  Oops! It already did!

I apologize for my "testiness", but I have had questions about our sailing and have been forced to call on multiple occasions - all with excessive wait times.  

As unbelievable as this is going to sound: He called the number he found on the website (“Call to upgrade your package”) a little after 5pm EST on Saturday. After he listened to the phone menu choices and chose Dining and Beverage packages the phone rang twice and an agent answered! Honestly, we were both frozen in shock! 

Edited by thebutlerdidit

@thebutlerdidit I am shocked as well! I called the same number last night at 6pm and hung up after a 2 hour hold!

Terrible when I am trying to give X money and they just don't want it! I might wait for a Black Friday sale.....I'm just soooo tired of waiting to talk with someone only to be told "I don't know", "I'll have to transfer you to someone else". We aren't huge cruisers, but when I know more about the ship than Customer Service does, we have a problem! 😕

I called last Friday and Upgraded to Premium. Am Elite and was quoted $9.00 + 20% to upgrade. Since I enjoy a couple mid day  energy drinks ($6) and a little higher end vodka and bourbon (If they have some) I looked at it as a pre payment on those purchases but if I was just drinking my couple of adult beverages per day I probably wouldn't Upgrade and just psy as I go..Cheers !!

36 minutes ago, Grandmaanne7 said:

Was that for 1 person or 2? Trying to decide for our January cruise. 

One that’s just over 14 dollars a day saved about 5 a day he originally wanted to charge me 247 dollars. For 14 nights that’s not bad I didn’t think.

• Thanks 1

I have found two separate pages on Celebrity's website, indicating that there is a discount to upgrade to a premium drink package from the classic package included in the fare. What is interesting is that one page says I get a 10% discount to upgrade; the other page says it's 15% (Elite level). I have asked and not yet received an answer as to what the correct number is, but either way it's higher than the 9% shown in a recent email offering discounts for pre-booking...562715429_ScreenShot2022-08-29at12_00_29PM.thumb.png.bc64e2cf28dc154ef69ba387a0c73416.png1077844342_ScreenShot2022-09-12at1_08_59PM.thumb.png.05356617566fc3edb5e382cc5439e9e3.png