Advice on getting a refund? Canada situation

jillcarolina

6 hours ago, minabruuke said:

Unless the OP purchased a cancel for any reason policy, an insurance claim would be a total waste of time.  As far as I can tell, Generali travel insurance only offers the optional 'cancel for any reason' add on with their most premium plan and it is a costly add on that only covers 60% of loses.  Odds aren't good that the OP selected those options.  I have read through countless travel insurance plans over the years and the OP's reason for cancellation is not coverable by any travel insurance I have ever seen (outside of cancel for any reason policies).  The insurance company will see this as the OP's mistake though I personally feel that the TA majorly failed the OP in this situation (granted I don't know what conversations took place between the OP and TA so I can't place the blame entirely there without all of the details).

The fact is that Princess had the correct information for Canada published and easily accessible on their website.  It is also always ultimately the traveler's responsibility to check the admissibility requirements for every country they plan to visit and this does not just apply to COVID times.  If using a TA, the TA should be assisting with this or at very least advising their clients to check the government websites of each country for the requirements.  Unless the OP has it in writing that Princess provided them incorrect information, then it is just a 'he said she said' situation and I can't see those conversation making any difference in the outcome. With something this important, you really need to verify requirements in writing, it is too easy for information/details to be missed, mis-conveyed, or mis-understood over the phone.  

Good to know , you are on top of it!

Edited by dog

14 hours ago, ldtr said:

Not sure who you talked with when you say Princess gave you wrong information considering that you booked through a TA since Princess will usually not talk directly with someone that has booked through a TA.  Especially since Princess web site has shown Canada as being one of the locations that have required full vaccination. 

Even if you use a TA, Princess will talk with you about anything that does not involve cruise pricing and cabin changes.

This covers everything from EZAir to Covid rules to using the APP to booking (and paying for) shore excursions and specialty restaurants...and more.