Car rental mco to Port Canaveral

CanHardlyWait4NextYear

That's my preferred method to get from MCO to Port Canaveral.... I used Budget most recently.  Their location was only few miles from the port, and the shuttle there and back was easy.

Several times,I've booked a later return flight and did something before going to the airport .(visit KSC, air boat ride, etc)

Aloha,

John

13 minutes ago, Corby114 said:

MCO gets super busy on weekend turnaround days. I wouldn't book a flight earlier than 12 noon. I would feel a lot better with a 1:00PM or later flight.

I've been looking at an 11:45am. Anything after that will cost me $400 more per person. Several people have said after 11am is possible. Think?

Edited by CanHardlyWait4NextYear
Typo

If your aiming for the 11:45AM flight try being one of the first passengers off of the ship when it arrives at Port Canaveral. At the rental car shuttle area I have witnessed passengers almost coming to blows regarding the lines getting onto the shuttle buses.

10 minutes ago, Corby114 said:

If your aiming for the 11:45AM flight try being one of the first passengers off of the ship when it arrives at Port Canaveral. At the rental car shuttle area I have witnessed passengers almost coming to blows regarding the lines getting onto the shuttle buses.

Was also considering walking over to enterprise if shuttle line is too long. They say 9 min and I mapped it out. Don't look to bad. And I guess short taxi ride is possible. But I would do the 9min if I felt I needed to. I would also offer a taxi $25 to take me 3 blocks if needed. Won't let shuttle be plan A without a plan B & C. (Just in case of shuttle crowds)

Years ago I rented from Budget and was waiting for the shuttle to take me to their facility. People were arguing about the shuttle line. I was in no rush because I was heading to my condo in South Florida. The two Budget shuttles were packed going back and forth. A Hertz shuttle arrived and the driver was waiting for two customers. He told us he would be happy to bring us over to the Budget location. He received a generous tip for his kindness.

• 2 weeks later...

Why not rent a car from MCO to your hotel so you will have it in the evening for dinner etc.  

Then when you get off the ship hop on a pre-booked shuttle and ride back to the airport rather than dealing with going to the car rental agency, picking up the car and then returning the car at the airport.  They would be waiting for you as you stepped off the ship and it would save you some time for sure!!

Some of the popular shuttles are…..

*Cortrans Shuttle 

*Cruise Control Transportation 

*Cocoa Beach Shuttle 

*GoPort