New York Parking

Over9five

Hi!

Wondering about the parking for a NY cruise on Meraviglia. Have cruised Carnival several times from NY, and you park literally beside the ship.

Cant find any info on MSCs site (maybe it's me!).

And this will be my first experience with MSC!

Paul

We have parked at Red Hook (the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal) several times.  There is an uncovered (and secure) parking lot just adjacent to the pier.  In fact, I stood on my cabin balcony and was able to double check that I had locked my car since my FOB worked from that distance :).  Just beware that driving into the Red Hook cruise port can be a little slow (like you might expect on an embarkation day).  The way it works is that you pull up to a luggage drop area and can drop your luggage with a porter (this is NYC so be sure to tip).  You then continue to the parking area (I recall we had to pay upon entry) and than find a parking spot from where you walk back to the terminal.  Eazy peazy.

DW now reminds me that the last time we parked (we have done this several times) they no longer collected the fee in advance.  We got a ticket upon entrance and than had to pay upon return using a machine located at the parking lot.  The machine accepted credit cards, but was a royal pain  They had an attendant at the machine helping folks to manage the system.  We had the feeling that Red Hook is still a place working out all the bugs (it takes the Port Authority years to get anything done) so anyone's guess how they handle payment these days.

Hank

• Like 1

• 1 month later...