Live B2B2B2B Carnival Spirit Alaska/Panama Canal/Caribbean

jam19872016

5 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

We just walked around a little today in Nassau. My mom found some souvenirs so she was happy. 

After my embarrassing defeat at trivia I went to the deli to try a new sandwich.

@Jamman54 here's a turkey Swiss cheese sandwich pic for your wife.

20221007_122334-X2.jpg

It was pretty good but I think it was the honey mustard that made it stand out and the menu calls for mayonnaise. Almost a suitable replacement for my turkey and avacado sandwich.

My mom got a chicken salad sandwich which she said was very good.

20221007_122325-X2.jpg

Washed it down with a slice of sugar free raspberry champagne cake.

20221007_123613-X2.jpg

Lunch menu.

20221007_121837-X2.jpg

Those deli sandwiches actually look really good!! 

• Like 2

I gave up on the internet and went to bed. 

I'm laying here almost asleep and the bedside lamp came on. Nobody touched it. We turned it off.

Few minutes later it flickered. Then again. We took a look at it to see if we could unscrew the light bulb and it turned itself on when we touched it.

We've put a call in and now we play the waiting game for someone to come take a look at it.

Meanwhile we still gotta be up early in the morning for turnaround day.

• Like 1

The light issue took almost two hours to resolve. I'm not gonna dwell on it because it is a new day and I want to leave that negativity in the past but that took way too long to resolve a very simple issue.

Good morning everyone. Tired this morning and I kind of want a coffee but don't want to reward carnival with the extra revenue. Ooops I'm still dwelling lol.

At breakfast now then gotta repack the five or so things I unpacked for these two days.

• Like 1

At the Pharoah's palace for turnaround. Feel like I just did this 😆

Finally got my photos from last night to upload now that I have my own network.

Diamond gathering had free flowing drinks and some nibbles. I don't remember what most of these were lol.

Some kind of watermelon soup shooter.

20221007_183124-X2.jpg

No idea what this was.

20221007_183208-X2.jpg

Beef tartar.

20221007_183230-X2.jpg

Sushi.

20221007_183608-X2.jpg

Mini seafood sandwich.

20221007_183942-X2.jpg

Arancini 

20221007_184146-X2.jpg

Edited by jam19872016

Back on at 1059. Final leg of the cruise.

Cards are not active yet so we couldn't get muster out of the way.

Also been downgraded to platinum again lol.

Our room is ready for us so getting settled in. I am so happy I have another super comfy bed for this final 8 day trip.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

Back on at 1059. Final leg of the cruise.

Cards are not active yet so we couldn't get muster out of the way.

Also been downgraded to platinum again lol.

Our room is ready for us so getting settled in. I am so happy I have another super comfy bed for this final 8 day trip.

Have you had to change rooms on each leg?  Glad you got another comfy bed on this last leg.

Just now, nwcruiselover said:

Have you had to change rooms on each leg?  Glad you got another comfy bed on this last leg.

Yes when they switched ships they did not give any consideration to b2b guests and just randomly assigned us new rooms. I didn't even bother to unpack for the 2 days just lived out of my suitcase.

So Alaska....it seems like so long ago now. I've got some downtime, and cell phone reception so Im gonna get some more photos of my time in Alaska posted.

Our first port of call was Skagway. I mentioned when I was reviewing Tracy Arm Fjord that there was one other excursion this trip I enjoyed as much. 

It was not my day in Skagway lol.

Skagway was nice, but I feel like the excursion was just a little too long and a bit steep for what it was. Nonetheless, it was still a good excursion and I enjoyed myself.

I booked the White Pass Rail, Klondike Highway, and Gold Camp through the ship $189.99.

In port with us today was the NCL Jewel.

i-H8Lt5hx-X2.jpg

I did not know it at the time, but I have since booked this ship and will be sailing her for 12 days next year. I'm not a big NCL fan, but the itenerary was my motivation.

Skagway

i-JkZpvVs-X2.jpg

i-sDKNgZf-X2.jpg

Walking through downtown while I had some time to kill before my excursion.

i-NnjhSJp-X2.jpg

i-sxzRQ2Z-X2.jpg

Nice Aft.

i-Fg952kM-X2.jpg

Pictures from the train were a bit tricky. Some had glare issues from taking them through the window. Some I couldn't get because we were on a moving train. I also made sure to take some time to enjoy the scenery through my eyes instead of just the camera. I really enjoyed the beauty surrounding me.

i-PLQmDv6-X2.jpg

i-rmr6grt-X2.jpg

i-RjxtdKr-X2.jpg

i-cvzRmcX-X2.jpg

i-f5rvK9J-X2.jpg

i-2MGtRjW-X2.jpg

• Like 1

Continued.

i-fVCSrtx-X2.jpg

Caboose for rent.

i-WVL7RNM-X2.jpg

I love excursions on trains so I was very happy with this excursion. Water was provided but there was no food not even for purchase so pack a snack if you think you may get hungry. The guides were knowledgeable and entertaining and did a great job explaining to us the history of the railroad.

• Like 2

This part of the excursion was a little cheesy but it was cute and a fun little outing. The people there were dressed in characters from the time period and explained the history of Liarsville and put on a show for us. They also showed us how to pan for gold and gave us the opportunity to go panning.

Neither of us did very good but several in the group had success.

They also provided marshmallows for roasting over a campfire as well as hot cider. 

All in all it was a good excursion, just a little expensive. 

After having some time to explore and check out the gift shop we returned to the ship.

Celebrity Eclipse in port with us today.

i-KTd7cwp-X2.jpg

• Like 1