Height Standards - how critical?

Doubt very much they would measure maximum height for an excursion.  Slouch if you need to.

We did a Bacalar tubing float and didn't see limits for this.

Note that it will be a LONG day.  The ruins are just over an hour out on a road from the port that is straight for all but a 45 bend at 25 minutes and views of shrubs.  Bacalar is another 45 minutes south of the ruins.  Having two activities will limit your time at the ruins, which are huge and well-restored.

• Thanks 1

My guess is that you'll be walking through the ruins with limited headroom.  If you have to duck the whole time, it would be very uncomfortable and you might even try to stand up and bang your head on the ceiling.  I'm 6'3" and when I went on the Hoover Dam tour, there was a part where I had to duck to walk and walk about 100ft through an air duct to get a view out of the wall of the dam.  I did it, but I'd not want to spend much of a tour hunched over like that.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, rudeney said:

My guess is that you'll be walking through the ruins with limited headroom.  

That was my thought, but I've watched multiple videos and it doesn't appear anyone is going inside.  I've done Chichen Itza on an RCL excursion, and you had to stay outside any of the ruins.  Neither of us want to duck of course. 

14 hours ago, rudeney said:

My guess is that you'll be walking through the ruins with limited headroom.  If you have to duck the whole time, it would be very uncomfortable and you might even try to stand up and bang your head on the ceiling. 

You do not go inside any ruins Chacchoben.

With the risks of lawsuits, it maybe tougher to circumvent height and weight restrictions.  With a rather high profile death of a guest that was not within the rides limits in Florida, the likelihood is it might not be allowed.  

If the excursion is something through the cruise line, probably less likely to be overlooked.  A local operator might be willing to look the other way more than corporate Royal Caribbean would allow. To that point, if you do try and are not allowed by Royal’s staff they are just following the rules from corporate.  

Edited by wdwkings