Walking Distances in Papeete

ging466

Hi

I've got a lot of time to kill whilst in Papeete so was thinking that I'd walk from the Hilton Tahiti to the port (no heavy luggage). I've looked on the map and it doesn't look very far but is it doable? Decent footpath? Will I be able to find the ship easily?

Also thinking about walking from Hilton back to the airport - same deal, decent footpath?

Pls don't tell me to catch a taxi - I'll be doing that for when I arrive in the middle of the night. I just want to know if I'm being realistic since I'm a lousy map reader🤣

Thanks for any advice.

Cheers

ging466

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Hawaiian Mama said:

Aloha,

I was also wondering if you can you please let me know closer safe/clean hotels walking distance to the Windstar Pier? Also, how far is the ferry pier from the Windstar pier?? 

All help will be appreciated.

That is in the eye of the beholder ... 

There is no major chain hotel close by, the closest being the Hilton about a 20 minute walk. There are some smaller places that are clean and reasonable such as Fare Suisse.

The ferry terminal is 150 yards from the ship

On 9/23/2022 at 4:20 PM, Hawaiian Mama said:

Aloha,

I was also wondering if you can you please let me know closer safe/clean hotels walking distance to the Windstar Pier?.....

Boutique Hotel Kon Tiki directly across from ferry area is supposed to open quite soon.

On 9/28/2022 at 10:32 AM, Tahitianbigkahuna said:

I've been told fall of 2023 ... will be a 3 star property. Will be convenient but it won't be cheap. 

Shows as bookable beginning this month but I don't know whether or not that will prove to be true.