Marella dropped testing for Palma and Dubrovnik from 1st October

Hi Dinglebert,

I received this email today as well.

I’m sailing from Dubrovnik on October 6th so read that the antigen test is no longer required before leaving home. 

However I thought that the statement about Corfu still needing the test as a bit ambiguous, as it is a stop on my cruise. Would it be a case of the ship providing the test to do?

I phoned Marella to ask, and was told that I still had to do an antigen test the day before leaving home, because of stopping at Corfu! 
I said that the email was therefore not clear and very confusing if that’s the case. 
I’m inclined to do the antigen test anyway to have a certificate, to be sure! I will be phoning again, and asking in a TUI shop, in case operator I spoke to today at Marella was incorrect.

Hmmmmmm…..!

I would expect Marella to provide any antigen test free of charge for calling at Corfu, based on this part of the email - 

Onboard
Any antigen (rapid flow) tests you need once we’re sailing will be provided by us at no extra cost.

Edited by howmuch!

This is my email reply from customer services, following my query of what is actually required:

“Kindly be advised that  as a Marella Cruises safety measure, all customers aged 2 and over must complete an antigen (rapid flow) test to be taken the day before you are due to fly to Dubrovnik. The test must be taken before checking-in at your UK airport and you must produce a negative certificate at check-in.

Kindly note that you will not be asked to undergo any tests at Dubrovnik cruise port,  however, you will be asked to present the negative results of your antigen (rapid flow).”

From this it would seem that if I turned up at Dubrovnik port I don’t need to test, but I do need to test to fly to Dubrovnik from UK. 
Not what their general information email sent yesterday implied…….. 🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️

14 hours ago, oystercatching said:

This is my email reply from customer services, following my query of what is actually required:

“Kindly be advised that  as a Marella Cruises safety measure, all customers aged 2 and over must complete an antigen (rapid flow) test to be taken the day before you are due to fly to Dubrovnik. The test must be taken before checking-in at your UK airport and you must produce a negative certificate at check-in.

Kindly note that you will not be asked to undergo any tests at Dubrovnik cruise port,  however, you will be asked to present the negative results of your antigen (rapid flow).”

From this it would seem that if I turned up at Dubrovnik port I don’t need to test, but I do need to test to fly to Dubrovnik from UK. 
Not what their general information email sent yesterday implied…….. 🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️

I somewhat think the advisor was quoting the old "rules".  I would go back and specifically state the date of your cruise and the details of their email and ask them to confirm if you have worries.

They have also updated the website and it states

If your itinerary departs from the 1st
October up to and including the 28th of
October then no pre-cruise test is
required for cruises departing from
Dubrovnik, Croatia.

Edited by Dinglebert

8 hours ago, Dinglebert said:

I somewhat think the advisor was quoting the old "rules".  I would go back and specifically state the date of your cruise and the details of their email and ask them to confirm if you have worries.

They have also updated the website and it states

If your itinerary departs from the 1st
October up to and including the 28th of
October then no pre-cruise test is
required for cruises departing from
Dubrovnik, Croatia.

The advisor went off to check with the supervisor, it wasn’t just her opinion. I realise the grid of all the trips has updated Dubrovnik to no test required. Am inclined to do it for the sake of it - might get a ‘Jobs-worth’ at the airport! 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ Would hate to see my plane depart while arguing my corner with my print out of their information! 🤦‍♀️😁 😎

Thanks all for your inputs to my bits. 

This was taken off TUI Cruise page.

TESTING REQUIREMENT As a Marella Cruises safety measure, all customers aged 2 and over must complete an antigen (rapid flow) test to be taken the day before you are due to fly to Dubrovnik. The test must be taken before checking-in at your UK airport and you must produce a negative certificate at check-in. If your itinerary departs from the 1st October up to and including the 31st of October then no pre-cruise test is required for cruises departing from Dubrovnik, Croatia. Italy requires you to wear an FFP2 mask on the ship when in Italian waters and at times when ashore. Please ensure you bring FFP2 masks with you.

17 hours ago, oystercatching said:

The advisor went off to check with the supervisor, it wasn’t just her opinion. I realise the grid of all the trips has updated Dubrovnik to no test required. Am inclined to do it for the sake of it - might get a ‘Jobs-worth’ at the airport! 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ Would hate to see my plane depart while arguing my corner with my print out of their information! 🤦‍♀️😁 😎

Thanks all for your inputs to my bits. 

Clearly you choice.  However I won't be.  I have had an email telling me I don't need to test.  Their webpage tell me I don't need to test.  It will be week two of not needing to test when I fly.  I won't be spending money on what was a pretty pointless test in the first place.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FIFE1 said:

Looks like Chromonics has dropped the two weeks before timeline to purchase tests. Just ordered ours for the 14th oct ex Corfu 

They are probably getting rid of all of their stock before the Greek government drop the testing requirement.😲😉

Edited by Brummijam

Well that announcement won't do anything to help cruisers. I flew back from Palma on Tuesday and guess what, I tested positive this morning and have a headache, sore throat, cough and muscle pain. Thanks very much to the person who was shedding virus. I had booked a flu jab for Monday and a Covid seasonal booster for Tuesday 😠

2 hours ago, davecttr said:

Well that announcement won't do anything to help cruisers. I flew back from Palma on Tuesday and guess what, I tested positive this morning and have a headache, sore throat, cough and muscle pain. Thanks very much to the person who was shedding virus. I had booked a flu jab for Monday and a Covid seasonal booster for Tuesday 😠

Sorry to hear that Dave.

My Wife had Covid a few weeks ago with the exact same symptoms that you have stated she fortunately wasn’t too Ill …..in her words “like a summer cold” 

Hope you recover soon.

look after yourself.😉

3 minutes ago, dmsw00 said:

Does anyone have any idea why the are just stopping testing for the month of October?  Is that to see if there is a spike in cases, giving them the option to reinstate testing should they see fit?

After October the cruises depart way from Palma etc.  I imagine the rules for the Canaries cruises will be up shortly.