Friends on same cruise already have luggage tags. Ours are pending.

zitsky

12 hours ago, zitsky said:

You know you’re right.  I’ve been up since 2AM trying to get my luggage tags.  Now I can finally get some sleep.

Yes I can ask for help at the ship.  Or Celebrity can make a website that works.  Or even better.  Just mail my eDocs with my luggage tags to my home address like some companies used to do.

That is the problem today.  

I use to go to a gas station and also worked in one .   They put gas in my tank, check my oil,  check my air pressure and fill the tires, wash the windshield.   Now I have to pump my own gas and lucky if there is a anything to wash the windshield and then pay extra to fill my tire if needed 

I worked in a supermarket.  We would ring up the groceries, packers would pack your bags and push the cart to your car and help unload the bags, plus we had a bottle return where we counted the bottles and gave a refund.  Now we have to ring up our own groceries, pack the bags, and push the cart to our car plus feed the bottles into a machine to get our deposit back. 

Service has gone down but prices go up.   The explanation is if we didn’t eliminate the service the prices would be more. 

You use to be able to go to a ticket office to buy tickets.  Now it is all on line and you have to pay a service fee. 

I can go on and on 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

2 minutes ago, miched said:

That is the problem today.  

I use to go to a gas station and also worked in one .   They put gas in my tank, check my oil,  check my air pressure and fill the tires, wash the windshield.   Now I have to pump my own gas and lucky if there is a anything to wash the windshield and then pay extra to fill my tire if needed 

I worked in a supermarket.  We would ring up the groceries, packers would pack your bags and push the cart to your car and help unload the bags, plus we had a bottle return where we counted the bottles and gave a refund.  Now we have to ring up our own groceries, pack the bags, and push the cart to our car plus feed the bottles into a machine to get our deposit back. 

Service has gone down but prices go up.   The explanation is if we didn’t eliminate the service the prices would be more. 

You use to be able to go to a ticket office to buy tickets.  Now it is all on line and you have to pay a service fee. 

I can go on and on 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

You left out shoveling coal for the furnace and loading ice in the ice box…

On 9/13/2022 at 11:18 AM, zitsky said:

We have two friends on the same sailing 9/26/22 on Reflection.  We linked our reservations, although it didn't work as well as we expected.  But I can see that they have luggage tags.  We don't and we are on the same cruise.  Did we forget something on check in, maybe vaccine history?  Or something else?

I think the system has issues.  On the Solstice 2 Sept I didn't get my edocs or tags until that Sunday.

So no change on the website.  But I did get a weird voicemail which turned out to be my TA and someone from Celebrity trying to reach me.  They left a LONG message.

I called my TA back because I could hear the X rep say "I will email his luggage tags."  Well I've waited all afternoon and I don't see anything.  And I checked my spam folder.

I just wish there was a way you could record your cabin number using some sort of device on some kind of material so that your luggage would go to the right place and not get lost.  😁

(Yes, I know this is, like, the least important thing on the planet.  But if you say you'll do something, then do it!)

1 minute ago, zitsky said:

So no change on the website.  But I did get a weird voicemail which turned out to be my TA and someone from Celebrity trying to reach me.  They left a LONG message.

I called my TA back because I could hear the X rep say "I will email his luggage tags."  Well I've waited all afternoon and I don't see anything.  And I checked my spam folder.

I just wish there was a way you could record your cabin number using some sort of device on some kind of material so that your luggage would go to the right place and not get lost.  😁

(Yes, I know this is, like, the least important thing on the planet.  But if you say you'll do something, then do it!)

Or just have them do it at the pier, problem and drama solved.

4 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Or just have them do it at the pier, problem and drama solved.

(Yes, I know this is, like, the least important thing on the planet.)

You missed that part.

Yes, absolutely.  Everyone has the option to just give luggage to the porters for it to be tagged.  We've already established that.  This is about Celebrity saying they will do something and seeing if they actually do it.

• Haha 1

Did you book flights through X?

We had that issue on our cruise a couple of weeks ago.  We booked flights through Celebrity for the first time   I called them the week before our cruise because I couldn't get luggage tags or airline tickets.  I was told it was a group booking.  It wasn't...found out our TA booked us with a group booking for a better rate 

He gave me the record locator number and ticket numbers so we could check in at the airport.  A day or two before the cruise I was able to print luggage tags but only after I called the tech dept and have them unlock my booking so I could print them.

Never got airline tickets.  Good luck.

12 hours ago, Terre said:

Did you book flights through X?

We had that issue on our cruise a couple of weeks ago.  We booked flights through Celebrity for the first time   I called them the week before our cruise because I couldn't get luggage tags or airline tickets.  I was told it was a group booking.  It wasn't...found out our TA booked us with a group booking for a better rate 

He gave me the record locator number and ticket numbers so we could check in at the airport.  A day or two before the cruise I was able to print luggage tags but only after I called the tech dept and have them unlock my booking so I could print them.

Never got airline tickets.  Good luck.

If you’re asking me?  No I didn’t book flights with Celebrity.  But Celebrity rep said they would email me and they did not.   My TA is getting annoyed with me.  😂

Edited by zitsky

On 9/13/2022 at 2:25 PM, zitsky said:

I checked our eDocs.  I do not see luggage tags.  I'll check with our friends to see if they did something different than we did.

ours say pending, also, for our upcoming cruise.  Hoping that means we get the upgrade, we requested!!!

3 minutes ago, zitsky said:

The doctors tell me I can’t go on the cruise.  The burns won’t heal soon enough.  😭

You can ignore doctors orders when there's a cruise involved. Besides, people with good senses of humor are fast healers. Bon Voyage! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1