How do the cabins accommodate a family of four?

Laurba99

I am trying to book a cruise for my friend and her husband and 2 kids and they want to stay all together--how does the room accommadate that-I see one bed pushed together? Do they bring in cots? Am I missing something? Thanks!!!

Usually a room has two sets of bunk beds when used as a quad room. Larger suites sometimes have addition beds or sofa beds. Conside the cost of booking adjoining rooms. Its sometimes more economical than a family suite.

I traveled in February with 4 family members mom, bro & sis on the Carnival Elation out of Galveston. We all stayed in 1 cabin. They had drop down bunk beds over the twin beds-extremely comfy too. I am 5'9 and my brother is 5'11 and we were fine. We had a outside cabin so it was nice to be on the top bunk and wake up to views of the sea! Just depends on how much bathroom time is required by all to get ready. Was also very affordable to only book 1 room.

On some ships, the existing twins can be pushed together as a king or queen. Then, the couch is converted each night to a twin by the steward, and a pullman style bunk is dropped from the ceiling for the fourth bed.

Beth

Getting 2 rooms is great, but if finances say you can only get one, it's doable.

We had 9 in 3 rooms. (actually divided 2-4-3) In my room, I had a queen bed (my 5 yo son and I there), a couch bed (14 yo son) and the extra that drops from the ceiling (16yo son there) We also had a balcony, so that helped it feel a little larger.

It was crowded, and bathroom time is limited, but if the only other choice is not going at all, I'd go for one room.

I am trying to book a cruise for my friend and her husband and 2 kids and they want to stay all together--how does the room accommadate that-I see one bed pushed together? Do they bring in cots? Am I missing something? Thanks!!!

Please tell me that you are'nt a travel agent. :eek:

Saw on this board a good suggestion for 4 in a cabin. Use the spa for showering. That way 4 people aren't waiting for the shower. Most ships have robes in the cabin (have also seen robes in the spa) and the showers are free.

Our balcony cabin on Costa Magica ($299@!!!!!!) had twin beds pushed together, a full size sleeper sofa and a single pull down bed over the sofa - it slept 5!

Usually the way it is done...the two twins that are pushed together aren't, they are pushed to opposite sides of the wall. Bunk beds with ladders drop down over the twins...

However consider this, Cabins are usually under 200 square feet. Take away the bathroom, area that the beds are in, built in furniture and chairs etc. and you don't have too much room left...it is very crowded. Then consider waiting for the bathroom...not the best situation. I agree with the others get two cabins that ajoin! Have a great cruise.

noooo!! I'm not a travel agent!~ just a friend of hers that has been on 2 cruises and I helped my parents just book one- :)

I found out that after doing some research that she would be able to get connecting rooms for only about 200 more in total then having them all cram into one room so I think she is going to do that-whoever wrote about having the extra bathroom is so right-that would take forever to get ready! L(

I've never seen bunk beds on a cruise ship personally; I've seen pictures on the internet, but I don't think they're common.

Most staterooms have two slightly-smaller-than-twin beds, which can push together to form a queen-sized bed. Depending upon the ship, either the sofa makes into a bed for two, or the sofa is a futon-type bed for one and a single bunk "drops" out of the ceiling over the sofa or over the queen-sized bed. You'd have to call your specific cruise line to find out what your ship has. If this doesn't suit you, you can have them bring a roll-away, but that's going to eat up your space during the day, so I'd consider it a last resort.

Four people in a room is not a problem at all for my family. We don't over-pack, and we keep things picked up. The over-the-door shoe holder is a godsend.

If you do decide to go with two connecting rooms, bring duct tape so you can "tape off" the locks and prevent the stateroom attendant from accidentally locking you out of the kids' room.

Archived