Twofer--JOTS-Valentines/Super Bowl

soapbxking

V-Day, Years ago sold Flowers, think that's long gone. Super Bowl, Parties in Bars, Theater and large screen by Pool. For over a Decade I Cruised that week almost every yr, was slow/cheap Season 20+ yrs ago

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1

We had that combo on Enchantment last winter.  I believe they showed the game in the theater, and perhaps elsewhere (not sure, it's not my thing), and they had a Valentine Ball (music and dancing and party, not ballgowns) in Centrum.  Sadly, I missed the moment in which a crew member proposed to another crew member (she said Yes).

• Like 1

We were on Mariner last year for Valentine's Day and the Super Bowl.  They showed the game in Playmakers and other areas but I don't remember any special announcements or anything.

If you plan on doing a specialty restaurant for Valentine's Day, specifically Chops - you will pay a lot extra.

• Like 1

On 9/14/2022 at 4:13 PM, RCFirstTimer said:

We were on Mariner last year for Valentine's Day and the Super Bowl.  They showed the game in Playmakers and other areas but I don't remember any special announcements or anything.

If you plan on doing a specialty restaurant for Valentine's Day, specifically Chops - you will pay a lot extra.

had a feeling, thanks!!!!

We've been on twice (accidentally) for the Super Bowl. There is usually a SB party and it is shown on all the screens. I kind of detest watching it onboard because there are no commercials, just some repeating channel identification. I don't necessarily like commercials, but I enjoy seeing the Super Bowl ones. 

the specialty restaurants will have a special higher cost menu on Valentine's Day. And if you have a dining package, it can't be used that night.