Saint John, NB: Name of cruise ship terminal, for ArriveCAN

shipgeeks

5 minutes ago, shipgeeks said:

I have noticed several names mentioned. Which one is the correct answer for those of us arriving by cruise ship?

There are two-- Marco Polo and Diamond Jubilee terminals. They are right next to each other-- I would be shocked if they held you accountable for getting the wrong one but your cruise line should be able to tell you which is specific to your trip. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, zukecruiser said:

Where is St John's Marine Terminal supposed to be entered, List of Marine Ports Entry or First Port of Entry sections (which does not list St Johns) Thanks

I have an active ArriveCan case right now for our trip on Saturday, so I can't easily create another one to check, but note that  for cruises going to Saint JOHN, New Brunswick, the Saint John Marine Terminal is the correct selection. Saint JOHN'S is an entirely different cruise port in Canada, in Newfoundland, hundreds of miles away from Saint JOHN, NB

• Like 1

7 hours ago, zukecruiser said:

Where is St John's Marine Terminal supposed to be entered, List of Marine Ports Entry or First Port of Entry sections (which does not list St Johns) Thanks

on my app it only says Port of entry . i did not see the list of marine ports entry

Make sure you started the process on the site by going to the "arriving by cruise ship" link and not the "marine arrival" link.  The marine link is for any boat, while the cruise ship link is specific to cruise ships, and I believe the available ports are different as well.  Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/14/2022 at 5:07 PM, lx200gps said:

While Saint John, NB has a number of cruise ship terminals, the correct selection for ArriveCan purposes is "Saint John Marine Terminal". I just completed the submission for our trip next week, and that is the only option.

Saint John Marine terminal is on the East side of the Courtney Bay. From experience land crossing they do not care what you pick only that it has been completed. Even the barcode is only used at airports and they see it when they scan your passport 

8 minutes ago, cefm said:

Saint John Marine terminal is on the East side of the Courtney Bay. From experience land crossing they do not care what you pick only that it has been completed. Even the barcode is only used at airports and they see it when they scan your passport 

This question was raised weeks ago and was in regard to filling in the OLD ArriveCan submission for entering Canada by cruise ship. At the time, entering Canada by cruise ship, which we were all doing, the correct selection in the ArriveCan app for the first port of entry for our specific cruise was "Saint John Marine Terminal"

3 hours ago, KATHYMAC68 said:

No more ArriveCan!
wooo hooo

It's become optional, but there is little to no info on what the benefits are if one does choose to use it to do their pre-arrival customs declaration, as the change is so new. If it means shorter waits or a dedicated line in the Customs hall for those who have used it, I'm in.

• Like 1