Turtle Snorkel Excursion Advice

FlaIce

Will be docked at Willemstad on 2-March-2023.  Would love to observe turtles while snorkeling but am having second thoughts about the options. First, is early March "in-season" for sea turtle viewing in Curacao? Is Playa Piskado (Playa Grandi) the place to go?  Honestly the descriptions I've found of the turtles being attracted to the chum from cleaned fish, well it doesn't sound like the most natural environment. Better options to see them during early March?

Any feedback on some excursions such as "Snorkel Trip to Turtle Bay CUL9" (boat trip), or "Beach Hop and Turtle Snorkel Experience CUE8"?

There seems to be more to see in Curacao than a nine hour port call can do justice to, even though the turtles are on every "must do" list should I take a significant part of our day for them?

Thank you for your advice.

We have cruised to Curacao several times and love the port.  We enjoy snorkel excursions and one year (mid-late February) we booked with Irie Tours.   They stopped at various locations but the one where the fishermen were cleaning their fish we got to snorkel with the turtles.  It was great.   (I think they said it was called fisherman’s wharf) 

Curacao is a great port and we especially enjoyed it in the evening when it was lit up.  We found people friendly.  We also would walk off the ship & book with local vendors. 

Hope you find something that suits you-lots of choices. Photos are from the Irie Tour we did. 

4507EDDA-1D9E-4735-B776-06BAA269C57A.jpeg

2FE2E7B2-1727-4AB7-8488-0F98EDDEA461.jpeg

1B35298A-794A-45AB-BC98-7852205B1080.jpeg

2 hours ago, FlaIce said:

Thank you Canadian!  I'll check out that tour company.  I should have mentioned we'll be on Royal Caribbean, they're offering the other excursions I mentioned.

We have picked up a few excursions right at the dock in Curacao.  Obviously cheaper than ship excursions.

Are you stopping in Bonaire?  It’s a great snorkel location.  

Hopefully someone that has done RC will have experience on those excursions offered by the cruise line.