Ruby Princess - Deck 8 emerald rooms

redroses

You will have to walk/ride down to deck 7, go out the forward doors, and then up some steps to get the the bow.  From what I have heard, this area is closed at night.

On the Grand Princess, these forward cabins have a nice little balcony.

Edited by cr8tiv1

4 minutes ago, redroses said:

On rooms e105-109, the obstructed windows looks out to the promenade per pictures on Google.  I assume the windows would be tinted?  or else folks walking by can stare in.

I've done laps on the Ruby (my favorite Princess ship).  I recall being able to see in the windows when walking around the ship but the last time I was on the Ruby was 2016 so it may've changed.

55 minutes ago, Westsail32 said:

I've done laps on the Ruby (my favorite Princess ship).  I recall being able to see in the windows when walking around the ship but the last time I was on the Ruby was 2016 so it may've changed.

thanks for the info.  That's not good, such a lack of privacy.  Some members of our group have been assigned one of the rooms in this block.

• Like 1

Point #1:  I've had a cabin that had a window to a public area. In the daytime I tried to see into my cabin when the sheer curtains were closed. I couldn't see in. At night I pulled the blackout curtains.

Point #2:  I've been told that they block off the "step up portion" of the Promenade deck in the late evening so nobody can actually get up where your windows would be.