Pregnant on Virgin

Meggo

Has anyone sailed while pregnant? Looking at a Caribbean itinerary. I would be cruising before the 24 week cutoff. 

Is it a real party atmosphere that would be uncomfortable for a pregnant woman? Do they have non-alcoholic drink selections (like Heineken 0 for example). 

Appreciate the feedback. We are trying to decide between this and an all-inclusive. We normally do Royal Carribean cruises but want to go somewhere kid-free before welcoming baby #2. 

Welcome Preggo Meggo.

I have never sailed while pregnant, but the whole kids-free deal is alluring enough on it's own.

Most cruise lines have a variety of mocktails and the like. I don't see why VV would be any different in this case, but someone will know for sure.

1 hour ago, Meggo said:

Has anyone sailed while pregnant? Looking at a Caribbean itinerary. I would be cruising before the 24 week cutoff. 

Is it a real party atmosphere that would be uncomfortable for a pregnant woman? Do they have non-alcoholic drink selections (like Heineken 0 for example). 

Appreciate the feedback. We are trying to decide between this and an all-inclusive. We normally do Royal Carribean cruises but want to go somewhere kid-free before welcoming baby #2. 

They had Heineken 0 available at most of the bars. Plus they can make mocktails at any of the bars.  There are also plenty of chill places to hang out during the day and night if you aren't into the party scene. There's plenty to do for everyone.  

• Like 2

also haven't sailed while pregnant, but will probably end up doing so at some point haha.  i'd definitely feel comfortable on virgin, and i've seen a handful of pregnant women onboard across the voyages i've been on so far. 

they have a non-alcoholic spirit brand called seedlip, and it tasted pretty damn near the real thing to me. 

as others have said, there are mocktails on menus, but you can also ask bartenders to make you something off-menu.  some of the bartenders we had were awesome (like tip at sip and eugene and mambo at the pool bar during the day and manor at night) and would make us something based on spirit and a couple flavor notes, but others weren't super comfortable doing their own thing.  if you can find one of the bartenders with the grommet aprons, they're the "mixologists" onboard, and they might be able to point you in the right direction!

there are plenty of low/no-impact activities onboard like bingo with the diva (drag queen), singers/bands at on the rocks, arts & crafts classes, etc.

i'd pick VV over an all-inclusive, but that's just because i'd feel like i were throwing money away by going to an AI and not drinking.