ACH Bank fees Canada

tocruiseguy

Hello all, I am contemplating paying for our cruise next year using the ACH payment option.  None of our credit cards provide anywhere close to a 3.3% reward amount.  Just wondering for Canadian cruisers, if your bank charged you any fees for this?

26 minutes ago, tocruiseguy said:

Hello all, I am contemplating paying for our cruise next year using the ACH payment option.  None of our credit cards provide anywhere close to a 3.3% reward amount.  Just wondering for Canadian cruisers, if your bank charged you any fees for this?

No. It’s essentially the same as an electronic debit. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tocruiseguy said:

You may not get 3.3% cash back, but I always come out ahead using Visa.

We use our RBC Avion, then convert the points to British Airways Avios when they offer the 50% uplift.

On a $100K cruise, the cash saving doesn't even pay for a single business flight YVR - EDI/GLA, but using Visa we can book more than 2 business reward flights on the same route. Therefore, I always use Visa.

On 9/16/2022 at 12:25 PM, Heidi13 said:

You may not get 3.3% cash back, but I always come out ahead using Visa.

We use our RBC Avion, then convert the points to British Airways Avios when they offer the 50% uplift.

On a $100K cruise, the cash saving doesn't even pay for a single business flight YVR - EDI/GLA, but using Visa we can book more than 2 business reward flights on the same route. Therefore, I always use Visa.

Agree with you on the savings its not huge but its not bad either.  We have an Aeroplan visa and an Amex.  To use Aeroplan pts today, you need almost 100K plus to fly anywhere business class, Air Canada Aeroplan rewards have really gone up in pts value.  Both the Aeroplan and Amex only give 1pt for dollar so for the Amex, which is a very good travel card BTW (4 pts for gas, groceries, restaurants etc), its only effectively a 1% reward although there is a small amount of travel insurance included.   BTW Viking no longer sells cancelation insurance to Canadian passengers.   

• Like 2

On 9/16/2022 at 1:14 PM, tocruiseguy said:

Back to your question about fees. Call your bank and ask them if there would be any fees.  If Canadian banks are anything like US banks, each bank has a different fee structure.

On 9/19/2022 at 8:24 AM, Peregrina651 said:

Back to your question about fees. Call your bank and ask them if there would be any fees.  If Canadian banks are anything like US banks, each bank has a different fee structure.

PS no fee charged 😀...and it took about 2 business days to process. 

• Like 1