Meraviglia Obstructed/Unobtructed Deck 8 cabins (and deck 14)

moesyk4

We are currently booked in two balcony view cabins with obstructed view on deck 8. One of them is a bigger balcony, which I like, but of course the lifeboats just below are a bummer. My husband wants to switch to an unobstructed view in one of the cabins, but the starboard cabins left on deck 8 show large lines of white right over the entire starboard side of them on the deck plan. What is this and does it effect the view? He would like to stay on the same floor, but is he better off moving up? Are the obstructed views better or worse on deck 8 vs. 14? Thanks! I attached a picture below for reference.

Image.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I didn't see this until now.  We had 8192 on the Meraviglia....it is an obstructed view with a larger balcony.  We liked it so much we booked the same cabin for the next year (lol) the day after we came home.

The "obstruction" was a non-issue.  That little bit of extra balcony was a real plus.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
4 hours ago, blooming hoya said:

I have been sentenced to a cabin in the very front of deck 8 and believe my "balcony" is actually half metal that you can't see through, but there is a small opening on the top half that will actually let air in.  Does anyone know anything about this?  Please?

I don't see anything on MSC's deck plans for Deck 8 forward. No mention of a balustrade being there either.

13 hours ago, blooming hoya said:

I have been sentenced to a cabin in the very front of deck 8 and believe my "balcony" is actually half metal that you can't see through, but there is a small opening on the top half that will actually let air in.  Does anyone know anything about this?  Please?

Ship and cabin number?

On 10/10/2022 at 11:02 AM, quattrohead said:

Did you have a noise concerns with these cabins ?

frequently on Deck 14 you can hear the pool chairs being dragged around early in the morning; no noise issues on Deck 8