Star Class Inquiry

Guest 4-2-N-8

Hello Everyone!

I have booked the three Star Class suites on deck 17 for a future Harmony of the Seas cruise.

How do genie assignments work? Would my three rooms have same genie assigned? Or, are genie assignments aligned perhaps more "port" or "starboard?" I am taking my family on this for a special occasion. This would certainly be an effective solution since we'll all be doing very similar activities while onboard.

Thank you, and happy cruising.

Edited by 4-2-N-8

I've been told that they are assigned by cabin.  However, I've heard that once you get an email from the Genie, pre-embarkation date, you can let him/her know that you have 3 cabins and that you would like the same Genie, if that's what you want, and if they can, make changes, if necessary, to their assigned cabins.  

Good luck!

10 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

I've been told that they are assigned by cabin.  However, I've heard that once you get an email from the Genie, pre-embarkation date, you can let him/her know that you have 3 cabins and that you would like the same Genie, if that's what you want, and if they can, make changes, if necessary, to their assigned cabins.  

Good luck!

Many thanks.

6 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Just link the reservations and they will know they are all together before they even reach out to you.

Very much appreciated. I bought them all at once, and my travel agent is handling my transaction. Thank you for feedback.

11 minutes ago, 4-2-N-8 said:

Very much appreciated. I bought them all at once, and my travel agent is handling my transaction. Thank you for feedback.

Yep, make sure you tell your TA what you want and that he/she notify the Genie if they do the communications with the Genie for you (I never let my TA communicate with the Genie, I like to keep that part of the cruise between us and the Genie).  But, it isn't automatic that even if your reservations are linked that they will assign one Genie to all rooms.  They try to make sure that each Genie has about the same number of guests assigned to them for the cruise.  

As with all, if not most, experiences about cruising what one person knows/experiences isn't necessarily what another person(s) knows/experiences. I can only pass on what I have been told by a couple Genies.    

Again, good luck!

Edited by Ret MP

4 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

Yep, make sure you tell your TA what you want and that he/she notify the Genie if they do the communications with the Genie for you (I never let my TA communicate with the Genie, I like to keep that part of the cruise between us and the Genie).  But, it isn't automatic that even if your reservations are linked that they will assign one Genie to all rooms.  They try to make sure that each Genie has about the same number of guests assigned to them for the cruise.  

As with all, if not most, experiences about cruising what one person knows/experiences isn't necessarily what another person(s) knows/experiences. I can only pass on what I have been told by a couple Genies.    

Again, good luck!

Good intel. TY.

Genies have assigned suites so there is a chance that you could get different genies. About 2 months prior to cruising each suite will get a survey and at the end you can request to all have the same genie. They are very good at trying to grant wishes even before sailing.

4 hours ago, 4-2-N-8 said:

Hello Everyone!

I have booked the three Star Class suites on deck 17 for a future Harmony of the Seas cruise.

How do genie assignments work? Would my three rooms have same genie assigned? Or, are genie assignments aligned perhaps more "port" or "starboard?" I am taking my family on this for a special occasion. This would certainly be an effective solution since we'll all be doing very similar activities while onboard.

Thank you, and happy cruising.

We were on Harmony a few weeks ago. We had a Star Loft and our children had one of the A1's. Originally we were assigned 2 genies but less than 24 hours later I got an email from our genie that he had switched cabins with our children's genie so that we would have the same grnie for both cabins. It was very easy to have things scheduled since we did most of our stuff together. It was much easier to have one WhatsAp account that we could communicate with. I can't imagine the hassles if we would have had to schedule the same dinner reservations with 2 genies.

Next year we are on Harmony again but this time with 3 star class cabins. We asked our genie if it would be possible to have the same set up with 3 cabins and he said absolutely and that they try to keep families together. 

10 minutes ago, cruise_co said:

We were on Harmony a few weeks ago. We had a Star Loft and our children had one of the A1's. Originally we were assigned 2 genies but less than 24 hours later I got an email from our genie that he had switched cabins with our children's genie so that we would have the same grnie for both cabins. It was very easy to have things scheduled since we did most of our stuff together. It was much easier to have one WhatsAp account that we could communicate with. I can't imagine the hassles if we would have had to schedule the same dinner reservations with 2 genies.

Next year we are on Harmony again but this time with 3 star class cabins. We asked our genie if it would be possible to have the same set up with 3 cabins and he said absolutely and that they try to keep families together. 

That is excellent to know.

Valuable information and I appreciate your time for a response. 

1 hour ago, ownedbypets said:

Genies have assigned suites so there is a chance that you could get different genies. About 2 months prior to cruising each suite will get a survey and at the end you can request to all have the same genie. They are very good at trying to grant wishes even before sailing.

Thank you for this detail.

Be sure to fill out the advance questionaire from Royal.  At the bottom of all the funny and silly questions they ask if there is anything else you want to say and there you can let them know you have 3 rooms.  I would give the room numbers and you should be ok.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lovescats5 said:

Be sure to fill out the advance questionaire from Royal.  At the bottom of all the funny and silly questions they ask if there is anything else you want to say and there you can let them know you have 3 rooms.  I would give the room numbers and you should be ok.

First time on RCL and trying it out for family get together (yound kids, so hopefully rather enjoyable for them), and the suggestions from you and others are welcome.

Many thanks.